rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And me mate, otherwise I wouldn't persist with it. Once I need motivation then that's the time to give up.

Although sticking it in the middle of a row of shiny buses at the Camper Jam line up and listening to remarks such as

"Why is that parked there?"
"It's not even the same colour..."
"It's got the wrong year bumper trim"

cheers me up no end. :D

sparkywig said:
And me mate, otherwise I wouldn't persist with it. Once I need motivation then that's the time to give up.

Although sticking it in the middle of a row of shiny buses at the Camper Jam line up and listening to remarks such as

You - me - :party0009:

sparkywig said:

I like your Van how it is, its cool, and you use it more for what its designed for in a week than most do in a year!! Me included!! :lol:
A sticker that says it all. ;)

funny.jpg

I like to do it my way too!! 8)

Swap you my old trailer for your full width Westy bed. ;)

As the seats were out being costed for repair I thought I'd tidy up the seat tub, but forgot that I'd already done that months ago..... :roll:
So cleaned out the void under the seat, rustproofed and a coat of primer.

LFOXh.jpg

Next on the list is a good clean and polish on Friday morning ready for Camper Jam. :)

As the exhaust back box was rather ripe, a "cheap" replacement was ordered.

QWSip.jpg

Unfortunately it didn't fit without modifying it to miss the engine support bar with a 2lb lump hammer.

X1Yrj.jpg

Oh well, VS exhaust is on it's way, just need to manufacture a tow bar that will allow me to fit it.

Had a right gutsful of the disc brakes though. Sent the calliper carrier mounts back as they fouled the discs, replacements came today and I still can't get the fuckers to fit without fouling the disc..... :evil:

c9KIV.jpg

I shall be spending some time on the phone tomorrow.

sparkywig said:
Had a right gutsful of the disc brakes though. Sent the calliper carrier mounts back as they fouled the discs, replacements came today and I still can't get the fuckers to fit without fouling the disc..... :evil:

003-87.jpg

I shall be spending some time on the phone tomorrow.

Looks like that quite a bit out? :shock: Is this a Futbus kit?

Can you get it machined locally?

Hello Si, yes it's a FutBus kit. I'm on the second set of calliper carrier mounts now, and they're still too thick and causing the calliper carriers to jam against the discs.
Taking the complete beam to someone who knows what they're doing tomorrow and see if there's a solution.....

Latest posts