rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
feckin' weather......

GcMCk.jpg

kX1tA.jpg

sz4O2.jpg

Wow, that is an epic resto -and to think I have done little on my bus in the time you have rebuild virtually every part on yours. Well done

So this morning was spent cleaning the nearside corner ready for work to commence.
New wardrobe handle had turned up in the post when I got home, so that was another unfinished job to get on with.
Hmmm, not quite right.....

TA1EZ.jpg

looks like the router's coming out to play.

nucPg.jpg

zsbF1.jpg

Perfect. :)

JXDTU.jpg

For the first time ever the bus is giving back. This fell out of the rear corner after a quick blast with the air-line.

ZUazk.jpg

Only 10c, but it's a start. :lol:

Today was spent mostly cleaning the accumulated grime over 40 years off the seat lid.
A generous dollop of a proprietary cream kitchen cleaner, a scraper and some sandpaper came in handy.

YiLXh.jpg

XINVy.jpg

BdM9A.jpg

Just need to get a small length of oak strip to make the cushion retainer and then a coat or two of varnish.
Doors and hinges refitted.

XlKUS.jpg

ilIjZ.jpg

Excellent work sparky! Wish I had some of your motivation!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Hey Si,
Have only managed to find one piece of tinware so far that's yours if you want it. It's the pre-heat pipe cover for one side (only a small piece). PM me if interested. New contract is not leaving enough time and energy to finish the garage and attic clear outs just yet.

Latest posts