rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd batch of tinware primed and painted.

R4T27.jpg

I thought I'd fit the centre caps to the SA Rostyles, what a nightmare.
Too big and only used the heel of my hand to tap them in.

9g5yN.jpg

Finally managed to get one to fit, but it just rattled around in the hole.
Got the right hump in the end.......

:evil:

jQrv1.jpg

:lol:

Not funny really though, is it?
Shoddy, ill-fitting "quality" parts.
Picking up a set of genuine SA caps this week, so let's see if they fit any better.

I remember a mate of mine getting some Empi repro ones for his and the kept pooping back off! :shock:
Then he came across some beat up genuine GTV ones that were overpriced IMO but they fitted like a glove... 8)
Get what you pay for I guess?! :?

At last, a break in the weather meant I could actually get on with a couple of jobs.
The first one on the list was the amount of play in the throttle linkage and the lack of throttle response. Only took all morning to modify various linkage rods, extend the hole in the cab floor and add a spring under the floor.

xB7UW.jpg

2bgLt.jpg

But it was worth all the faffing about, absolutely bloody brilliant to drive now, the pedal is smooth and returns back without having to stick me toe under it.
So much so I took the really really long way home. :lol:

The second job was to get the fuel gauge working better, and that was accomplished in less time than I thought. Simply by adding an additional earth from the dash pod to the body. :roll:
Thanks Nick.

Just before it got dark I cracked on with the seat box lid that I'd forgotten all about.
New oak cushion retaining strip fitted and ready for another coat of varnish.

jzAlD.jpg

7iIfS.jpg

:D

sparkywig said:
Just before it got dark I cracked on with the seat box lid that I'd forgotten all about.
New oak cushion retaining strip fitted and ready for another coat of varnish.

004-17.jpg

005-12.jpg

:D

Good work Sparky..!!! 8)

Is that the original Fablon stuck on the buddy seat??

sparkywig said:
Yes, original 45 year old Fablon.
Comes up alright after a scrub with a proprietary kitchen cream cleaner.

Cool 8)

Mine was shagged so it's all come off now and found some white wood grain effect fablon in Homebase that i will re-instate instead on the units where originally it was. :D

I've "acquired" some 1W 8 led festoon lamps, so I thought I'd see what the difference was between the old 10W incandescent lamps and the leds.

10W incandescent

0Ue3f.jpg

1W led

8Skeu.jpg

About the same light output (I'll get my lux meter out tomorrow evening to do an accurate test), for 10% of the load. :)

Anybody got a spare internal light, the rear one decided to disintegrate upon removal. :roll:

Valentine Won said:
Nice 8) much better than your pink wheels :lol:
I am toying with the idea of alloys :roll: :oops:

Don't worry Shaun, the "pink" wheels are staying for a while yet.
I think you need to stop faffing about and make a decision, you still haven't got that deluxe trim on yet....

Latest posts