rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work :D
Where you gonna place your electric hook up to connect to your trailer.
(hope you understand wat i mean :oops: )

The trailer socket is stored loose in the engine bay and appears out through the engine hatch as required.

Rear brakes and handbrake adjusted, and the SA's finally on. The offset is terrible though and I've gone back to rubbing the arch lip on roundabouts, etc.
I think tubs may be on the cards along with some adjustable spring plates.
Although I'm not as taken with the SA's as much as I thought now that they're on, I'll see how I feel after I get the red walls done.

1LweP.jpg

Sliding door on the list to do nextish.....
Came home to fit the track covers and fuel filler flap, and finish reassembling the interior ready for a quick dash up the M4 to work at Dub Aid.
Not a chance.

Z3F7g.jpg

Torrential thunder/hail storms, no wonder it's cancelled....

SA's looking sweet. They go well with the black and chrome bumper theme.
Bus is looking 8) reckon the red walls gonna finish it off nice

sparkywig said:
Would be nice, but not really practical for a bus that tows and gets used for camping/surfing trips most weekends.

Thats why mines at a semi high state but rear tubs are on my agenda to even it all out :)

They're steel Rostyles.

Today was a busy day, a few small jobs that needed to be done before next weekend that seem to take much longer than anticipated..
Cleaned and painted the rear corner trim panels. The plan was to cover them with brown leatherette to match the seats but it seems to have disappeared. When I find it that's another job to do....

0IeaX.jpg

Removed the starter battery, drilled another drain hole in both battery trays, cleaned, seam-sealed, primed and painted the off-side inner corner. Managed to get a rather long buzz from cellulose fumes while doing this.

KhTZH.jpg

Bit of paint on the sliding door whilst it awaits repair.

ROILU.jpg

Found a new rear light unit and swapped the lamp holders over from the og one.

jo0cH.jpg

And finally got the filler flaps bungs on.

HcKTk.jpg

I did manage to rub back and get some paint on the track covers, but it went so cold so quickly that they've got a crackle finish. :lol:

Grabbed a couple of hours tonight.
Track covers rubbed back and another couple of coats applied. It's surprising how many little flies appear when you're painting....

rC0lV.jpg

Retrieved the engine hatch from the depths of the garage, and as I wasn't happy with the finish that got a quick dose of 600 wet'n'dry and maybe a top coat tomorrow.

BdSt4.jpg

On a roll now, so out came the rear valance for an etch prime. perhaps I should've done this before fitting the towbar and bumper. :roll:

0lbyL.jpg

1WQ2S.jpg

HYiow.jpg

I think the light's wrong for painting, so that'll be it for today.

3XCvx.jpg

:lol:

Wheels look trick mate, know what you mean about the offset tho.........like said above they suit the colour scheme well

We'll see Just, they may only be a short term fitment.
I've found these in the garage today, forgot all about them.

E7eX0.jpg

"New" engine hatch repainted, needs a rub back and another coat.

tqlbz.jpg

Track covers and rear lights refitted.

fNnQ7.jpg

Couldn't find the leatherette, so an offcut was purchased today. It looks like a bit of contact adhesive action tomorrow.

DV0BC.jpg

Looking good sparky, truly an inspiration for how bust you are on your bus.

I bet you've got a couple of complete bus's in that garage the amount of parts you keep finding :lol:

I like the look of the sprint stars on your bus as they seem to suit the other bits, but if you aint happy at least you've got a choice.

Didn't realised the crackling paint was from the cold. It happened on my doghouse when I painted it with Aldi hammerite. Rubbed it down same thing happened again, every days is a school day :)

love checking back just to see how much more you've done

Latest posts