rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was shoved under the wiper at the weekend.

LHdDW.jpg

I'd have to take all the running gear off it though and put it back to stock. :)

So, finished work early, a bit of cash in my pocket and some mates have text me to say they're in the beer garden.
What do I do, I come home and attack the bus' roof with the grinder and DA.....

5 hours later after finishing with a bit of 400 grit wet and dry.

1wpf5.jpg

Never been happy with the paint finish since I did it in the bad weather, and after fitting the ply headliner some of the previous owners filler work had popped out.
Primer coats tomorrow. :)

I've reached the stage where I'm completely and utterly fucked off with this roof.
Too hot to paint Saturday and yesterday, too windy to paint today, and now it's pissing down.
And the rattlecans just spits gobs of paint out as well.....

I either need an nice enclosed space to carry on spraying, or I'm going to roller it.

So I spent most of the day sanding back the roof yet again.
It's not dent free, but smoother than a pair of silk knickers and ready for paint. Haven't decided whether it'll be spray or roller applied yet though.

7B03V.jpg

3k5Qr.jpg

The remainder of the day was taken up cleaning and polishing the daily.

7zHB4.jpg

Rear axle flip and coil overs anyone?

You can say "hello" at Bristol, Dave. :)

Right then.
Fucked right off with the roof, and as it wouldn't be any worse than before out came the satin black Rustoleum, white spirit and a 4" roller this morning.

6yKrq.jpg

sKd73.jpg

mYfaX.jpg

Fairly successful 1st coat, although it's just started to rain....

Latest posts