rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
Exhaust is off and waiting for its new engine 8)

Cool, I'll pick it up Sunday morning when I drop the wheels off.

68_early_bay said:
Did you video any runs wig? That's one thing I'm not looking forward to, someone reving the nuts of mine on a RR :lol:

Nope, waste of time Shaun as it wasn't pulling cleanly. Didn't sound as good as I thought it did sitting inside either.

So today was supposed to be a fettling day, but the weather scuppered that. No rear hatch fitting yet. :roll:
But I did collect this. Thanks Justin. :)

B1Z5l.jpg

And fit these between the rain showers.

QKI9A.jpg

3SO2X.jpg

Another step towards Ninove.
Funnily enough I just found another pair whilst tidying up. :lol:

5aPeD.jpg

Thanks Mike, that'll be two dodgy distributors now.

Anyway, you case you hadn't noticed it was the Freddy Files at Ninove this weekend.
Nice run up to stay with Pete at Hawkinge on Friday.

e0sBb.jpg

tybix.jpg

And off we set at stupid o'clock Saturday morning.

fkxDR.jpg

Nice little gathering at the first services out of the Chunnel terminal.

pobDC.jpg

liCYn.jpg

AVtK9.jpg

coSK6.jpg

And then off to Ninove up the E40.

Cool pic's , envious and may make it next year. Hope you guys had an awesome time.
Electriky's nightmare starters :lol: :lol: :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

Bus looked good the weekend Si and it was great to have a catch up and a few beers too. Francine says your much more friendly and polite than the other bald Simon I'm friends with :lol:

Awesome pics from Ninove

I wasn't keen on those wheels when I saw them, but on your bus they look well cool.

Knowing how much work/time you spend on it and the fact you don't spend £1K's its even more impressive

Thanks mate, a few people have changed their opinion on the wheels. But as I've said before, it's my bus, and they'll look better when I've got the bus sitting as I want it to. ;)

Anyway, had a frustrating day at the workshop yesterday.
A big box of parts and a long list of jobs to do, the first of which was an oil and filter change and replace the shoddy strainer plate that leaks.
Almost 4 hours later that was ticked off the list.....

All the strainer plate studs had either pulled from the case or had stripped threads, but not all at the same time. :|
4 lots of gaskets and washers used, good job they're cheap. :lol:
At least it's leak-free now, and I did manage to replace the bolt-on rocker covers with some standard covers and bale arms.
Still not running right, but hopefully I'll sort that with the new exhaust and 123 distributor after Volksworld.

Thought I may have time today to swap the rear hatch. But due to a family visit all that was accomplished was new carpet, after stripping out the Westy unit that houses the hook-up, Zig electrics and gas bottle.

eKjVa.jpg