Stainless steal bumpers for earlies :)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexer

Reaction score
Following on from the last thread about stainless bumpers i decided to start a new one as i got mine direct from harrington group.

They arrived in very good time considering they are made to order, the sales guy Dung is fantastic to deal with and kept me updated every week until they arrived.

here is a few photos of the bumpers

Very well packed

a6b41fb5.jpg

even come with the corner bolts

af616e3b.jpg

The finish on these is very good, not quite chrome but pretty damn close, if you look closely they are a tiny bit wobbly but considering these are hand made and i have not seen anyone else making them i feel they are still very much worth the £550 i paid for them.

3d0aad94.jpg

8d32cf4b.jpg

I have not tried fitting step rubbers yet but i dont see why they wont go on nice, the holes look to be in the right places

6987d492.jpg

418ca525.jpg

b2badcec.jpg

the corners are very well made, the very end that goes in to the blade looks a bit crap when you first see them but once fitted in to the blade all is hidden.

7e3f38e8.jpg

Without rubber strip

9d8ca069.jpg

With rubber strip

609aa03a.jpg

The holes seem to be a little too close to the end of the blade but i really dont care about that, i can sort that when i fit them buy trimming the strip down a little.

The blades are not drilled for the bumper irons as they had trouble with people saying they did not fit correctly when they arrived so they leave this down to the buyer now, they will drill them for you if you ask though and you can even give them measurements to go on. They say this is down to the vans being old and the bumper irons not being straight on all vans.

Over all i am very happy with them so far, will update this thread when i get round to fitting them.

Maybe we should sort out a group buy if there is enough interest i'm sure Dung could come up with a deal........

V Nice.. always liked chrome, or st steel bumpers. What does the £550 include out of interest, rubbers, bolts, postage?

Al

£550 gets you the rear bumper, the 3 front bumper parts and the 6 dome bolts to attach the front corners to the blade. Oh and that also includes postage :)

They look very nice :)

I think I would go for black plastic trim between the front bumper parts though.

At £550 they are stainless steel. They would only be stainless steal if they were a lot cheaper :lol: ;)

Yep Superb!
They look just like mine ! 8)
coldbruks079.jpg

They will serve you well and a great product indeed !
but you will need to polish them with autosol or whatever to retain the mirror finish, hard work but they wont
rust! :)

I believe those bumpers originate from Vietnam, for which there is a Classified Advertisement on The Samba forums.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=helen_nguyen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1169457" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1169458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts