STANFORD HALL 2012 - SUN JULY 1st

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember all camping applications must be in by Thursday April 26th

Reserve list is now -

Foz
Grazy

I'll keep you posted.

Line up is -

dodge6x6
PeteB
ooro
stuartrx7
Gadget Boy
petegee56
GrahamL
Krusty
Reborn Bay Man
leon
strutt
Clem
Mr Brightside
karlhsp

Beigebay1968 - tbc

Clem said:
Remember all camping applications must be in by Thursday April 26th

Reserve list is now -

Foz
Grazy
Stu

I'll keep you posted.

Line up is -

dodge6x6
PeteB
ooro
stuartrx7
Gadget Boy
petegee56
GrahamL
Krusty
Reborn Bay Man
leon
strutt
Clem
Mr Brightside
karlhsp

Beigebay1968 - tbc

can i add myself to the reserves too please :msn4:

I've cut it fine for camping application to say the least, lol. They should receive it today. What is it with the old fashioned application form and cheque posted via snail mail? Are these people living in the dark ages? Would have been far easier via the internet and papal/online banking! And i would know by now if i had secured my pitch! :evil:

Foz said:
I've cut it fine for camping application to say the least, lol. They should receive it today. What is it with the old fashioned application form and cheque posted via snail mail? Are these people living in the dark ages? Would have been far easier via the internet and papal/online banking! And i would know by now if i had secured my pitch! :evil:

i guess thats the way they roll.....sent mine off yesterday so fingers xed, in the past i`ve left it late and had no problems.....it should be fine fella
see ya there ( hopefully)

i like the old fashioned way :mrgreen:

Line up is -

dodge6x6
PeteB
ooro
stuartrx7
Gadget Boy
petegee56
GrahamL
Krusty
Reborn Bay Man
leon
strutt
Clem
Mr Brightside
karlhsp
Beigebay1968

Reserve list is now -

Foz
Grazy
61Stu

Passes will be posted by the weekend. Please let me know if you're plans change and be willing to post on passes to other members if required. Thanks. :)

I did smile to myself writing cheques and posting application forms away, but I think the essence of Stanford Hall is the old school approach and its non compliance over the years with the apparant need for so much 'extra' entertainment that can so often taint a show. In doing that they've taken the mantle of probably the best single day event in the country, imo. :)

Clem said:
the essence of Stanford Hall is the old school approach and its non compliance over the years with the apparant need for so much 'extra' entertainment that can so often taint a show. In doing that they've taken the mantle of probably the best single day event in the country, imo. :)

I just hope I get in now......dont want to miss out on this local show!

I couldn't agree more clem, this is always my favourite show and ive never thought that it would be better with bands and dj's.
I hope it stays just the way it is and keeps with the old school way of doing things.
Just hope the weather is good!

Clem said:
the essence of Stanford Hall is the old school approach and its non compliance over the years with the apparant need for so much 'extra' entertainment that can so often taint a show. In doing that they've taken the mantle of probably the best single day event in the country, imo. :)

krusty said:
I couldn't agree more clem, this is always my favourite show and ive never thought that it would be better with bands and dj's. I hope it stays just the way it is and keeps with the old school way of doing things.
Just hope the weather is good!

Spot on gentlemen! This is a Volkswagen enthusiasts show, and whilst families can have a good day out, the emphasis is on VW's and parts of! As I have stated before, I really love the un-modified and truely historic vehicles displayed at this show, love it's beautiful stately setting and quaintly traditional 'British, stiff upper lip' approach to the whole event. The advent of two nights camping this year is wonderful and for me could only be surpassed by the show becoming a two day affair whilst maintaining the same atmosphere if that were possible. Attended this event several times back in the day, close on 30 years ago. It has got a bit bigger, and in this case bigger has indeed meant better, love it and can't wait! :D

Is this a list for attending or showing your bus?

Booked two nights camping and taking my work in progress bus, but wouldnt want to lower the tone of a line up :shock:

The List above is for the club display line up!

There is no specified list for camping, just look for a bunch of people with very similar vehicles :lol: 8)

My camping passes arrived but are wrong :(

:lol:

What time are people arriving at Stanford Hall as there seems to be a few of us camping this year and it would be great if we are all together, don't want to leave it too late as it fills up quickly.

Looks like the our Open Day will be cancelled this year due to some other work commitments first thing on Saturday morning but happy to still cruise over with other people if they are passing by, posted this up on the MEB open day site but happy to meet at either the Malt Shovel on the A45 or the National Motorcycle Museum both just off the M42 at Jcn 6.

Planning to get to to SH for 2.30-3.00 so plenty of time to set up,

Was planning on getting there about 3 or 4pm. If I'm too early then will be wobbling much sooner than is ideal.... :?
Fingers crossed for the weather, doubting the wisdom of relying on a BBQ, going for pan cooked stuff in the bus.
Still got to be a good do even if the climate is less than ideal. :D

Latest posts