STANFORD HALL 2012 - SUN JULY 1st

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres a few of us (oooro, grazy, project69 and me) meeting up just outside Cambridge on the A14 services - CB23 4WU between 12.30-1pm if any one fancies joining us, aiming to be at Stamford Hall between 2-3 :)

61 stu said:
aiming to be at Stamford Hall between 2-3 :)

Stu me old mate, don't put 'Stamford' in the sat nav, you'll be about 30 miles off course!!! :lol:

You want 'Stanford' with an N rather than M. ;)

Just messin' fella, be good to see you all. :D

With all the recent wet weather, is Stanford Hall destined to be yet another victim of the current climate?

'Bus Types' only just about hung on, to make it a success,
'Big Bang' died on its arse before it even got going!!
...how is Stanford Hall fairing up odds wise do you think?

Does anyone have any idea how good or bad the camping grounds are concerning water drainage?
Are we destined to be met with the same conditions as Santa Pod?
Pools of water, soggy underfoot ground, with mud planes?

Im starting to get concerned that this will be yet another washout for the VW show season.....

Anyone care to shed some positive light on the matter?

Everything ive looked at says 30% showers Thursday and rain Fri, Sat and Sunday.

So basically we should have a heatwave :)

To be honest its our first ever show in the Bus and starting to have serious doubts unless something miraculous happens

Suns out today!What we worrying about :lol:
I've put my awning up today for a test run so lets hope eh!!

Pete B said:
61 stu said:
aiming to be at Stamford Hall between 2-3 :)

Stu me old mate, don't put 'Stamford' in the sat nav, you'll be about 30 miles off course!!! :lol:

You want 'Stanford' with an N rather than M. ;)

Just messin' fella, be good to see you all. :D

:lol:

The organisers made a statement that they have NO plans to cancel.

glad to hear that,looking forward to it,
just received display pass,

what time are people getting there to go on display line up?

Pete

Buses have to be in position no later than 11.00 am, I guess well be getting sorted from about 09.00 am onwards. If you arent camping please make sure you use the correct gate as shown on the display pass ... and be prepared for some queuing, especially if you encounter the SSVC convoy en route.

I spoke to one of the organisers last night, they are expecting stick gorund underfoot and may be getting some ground matting/tracking in if required, but in any case the event is all systems go!

Last night my weather app was showing lows of -2 degrees at night :shock: thats now risen to a balmy 1 degree, so be prepared for chilly nights! Currently no rain forecast after Thursday though, so lets be grateful for small mercys :lol:

Glad i stocked up on the extra gas bottles now! Looks like Im going to need them. Even Bus Types was warmer than that! And i was bloody cold there!

Just popped out this evening with my mates on our weekly cycle ride & headed to Stanford Hall for a reccy.
Thought I'd check out the ground condition as I am in a tent for Saturday night.
So ... It's rained a lot round here, like many places, & the fields around have a fair bit of water in them. Ditches & streams are quite filled too.
However I went up to the camping entrance gate & all looks well. The tracks are well established & are all well drained & dry. There is a small section of path/track on the right which is a bit lower & is a bit waterlogged but not too serious (no rain forecast for the next few days so this should improve - you'd find bigger puddles on some housing estates). The camping fields/lawns to the rear of the house are all on higher ground than the surrounding countryside & look to be well drained & good for camping. We stamped around on the grass by the entrance & it was damp but firm - very technical.

I must have the same app as Clem as mine too has gone from -2 to +1. Will be packing extra Stella anti freeze.

Should be great. Looking forward to it.

Phil.

No better update than standing on the ground itself. Cheers for the update Phil, kind of reassuring :)

See you there Saturday. The big blue marquee with the green camper :shock:

Even today, Big bold statement on the website saying 'on' which is great news.

Wellies packed, propex ready to be switched on, awning being left behind all should be well

Look forward to catching up with friends old and new ... not too many insults please, just pretend its an earlycross over with a funny front panel :lol:

David

Bears Dad said:
No awning David?

Trying to travel light, just packing the canopy. It's my new lady's first trip away in the bus so trying to make sure she doesn't bring 12 pairs of shoes and any other 'essential' items - :lol:

Mind you, think the westy trailer is going to get used more now!

Ummm... last year I forgot to put the wife's clothes bag in the bus when we went to Stonor!

Didnt go down very well...

cotswoldiver said:
Bears Dad said:
No awning David?

Trying to travel light, just packing the canopy. It's my new lady's first trip away in the bus so trying to make sure she doesn't bring 12 pairs of shoes and any other 'essential' items - :lol:

Mind you, think the westy trailer is going to get used more now!

Dave is it you that sold me the aluminium chest on here? If so, a quick reminder to bring it along with you buddy ;-)

Latest posts