Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool pics stu is that the Vulcan that's based in bruntingthorpe

See you at datc dude

Mark

Mark6455 said:
Cool pics stu is that the Vulcan that's based in bruntingthorpe

See you at datc dude

Mark

Hi Mark - yep thats the one, dont think there are any others flying. Was an incredible sight seeing it in the air.
See you at the show buddy 8)

Very jealous Stu. I was offered free tickets and turned them down. Kicking myself now seeing your pics.

Still stop whatever I'm doing and stare in amazement every time the Lanny flies over. 8)

Awesome pics Stu. Looked like a good weekends fun. Love a good air show me....if only for the Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane fly bys.
Enjoy DATC....I would have gone but away on my hols at same time :sad:

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

All packed up and ready to head off to Wales - see some of you peeps later on!
We have even decided to bring one of the dogs with us for the weekend - Archie is very excited about this!

Cool bus and even cooler name. It's my son's name and he's camper mad so I'll have to show him this thread tomorrow. I'm pretty certain 'Murphy's' photo will be up in his camper themed room.

StrawberryAnnie said:
Cool bus and even cooler name. It's my son's name and he's camper mad so I'll have to show him this thread tomorrow. I'm pretty certain 'Murphy's' photo will be up in his camper themed room.

Thankyou for the compliment about the bus - cool to think a young lad would think a slightly scabby 43 yr old bus is worthy of pride of place in his bedroom, excellent to see you are getting him into the scene early!! Stay early - never late!! :lol:

Well we are back from what I can say has been a bloody awesome show, there is absoultely no doubt in mine or Clares minds that we will be back next year. Family friendly, beautiful surroundings, excellent buses and even some free beers - cheers Dave!

Am uploading some of the pics we took now - apologies for some of the blur it would appear some sun cream made its way onto the lens!!

Was great to put some more faces to the user names, and we both met some very friendly and welcoming peeps.

Special thanks must go to Sparkywig who did take on alot of the EarlyBay responsibility and organised the sat morning lineup - aswell as personally greeting most if not all the guys staying at Club EarlyBay VIP camping!! Cheers mate was great to meet you and see your bus.

Pics coming soon 8)

Here is a link to all of the photos we took over the lovely weekend

http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/1970Murphy1970/slideshow/DubsAtTheCastle2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And some highlights here

Ready to leave Lincoln

Archie not feeling the love

Lovely countryside

Our camp

The Castle

Camping fields

Lovely refreshments

EarlyBay VIP Camping

The lineup - notice the red golf! He had to be woken and told to shift it!! :oops:

A westie and a westie :lol:

Lowwwwwww

Other vehicles

Trailer queen beetle

More shots of the castle

No filler here - was asking £6000 for it though

Ready to depart

Sparkys Bus

Cool as microbus

Shiny

Heading home

And a cheeky vid of some of us returning from the lineup

Had an ace time - cant wait till the next one!!

Now off out to sort the handbrake out as Murphy has failed the MOT due to

"001 Parking brake efficiency below requirements [3.7.A.7]"

MOT Passed after some handbrake adjustment

:party0041:

Not a single advisory too!

Happy days!!

:party0023:

Well been on a course all week down at Brize prepping for my winter holiday in Afghan!

Got back yesterday and thought I would get on and sort some things out ready for VW Festival next weekend.

Carried out a full oil and filter change, fitted some snazzy 12v led lights and installed my new Westie tassle for the pop top!

Pre-tassle

1AFH7.jpg

LED Strips and clamps holding some freshly glued panels together

ywOzc.jpg

Tassle tastic

2KO46.jpg

Colour changing LED's - winner

vpNmR.jpg

Maybe see some of you peeps at VW Festival Leeds - next weekend, we are in family camping.

:D

How much were the LED's Stu....and where did you purchase them?
I was looking into getting some of these for mine.
The auto electrician I had to rewire my bus said he would install some for me after i got back from EBI......not heard from him since :roll:

Are those with a remote control, and would you recommend the make you have?
Cheers

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Hi Foz

I bought these and wired them directly into a 12v supply - no transformer needed!

Come with a remote and work really well

Its just not very easy to get them to bend around corners.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200940386690?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look really good and the current drain is tiny