Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easy said:
Forgot to update me own thread!!! :roll: ;)

Here is mine as it stands.
Creative Weedeater on the front with adjustable creative shocks.
Shortened gas shocks on the rear with a 2 and a touch spline drop at the back
All rolling on 15 inch splitty wheels and 175 55 15 continentals on the front and 185 60 15 continentals on the back :mrgreen:

ClubMeet220609006.jpg

Spain09009.jpg

Spain09033.jpg

:mrgreen:

Good to see my measuring system still in use!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Heres mine:

DSCF4688smaller.jpg

1 outer spline down at the back, pulled down lots on the Foksy adjuster on the front, standard beam and running 195/65 15 on the front and 205/65 15 on the rear with 15" T4 wheels.

I think the front needs to come down a bit more yet.

bought some new rims, so heres my current stance, till i make my mind up on the new rims and tyres

4" narrowed wagenswest beam, 2.5" ww drop spindles, rear adjustable springplates

tyres 175/55/15 fronts, 185/65/15 rears

IMAG0158-1.jpg

anyone have any recommendation for tyres sizes for splitty 15" steels ;)

Like it dood 8) dont see to many around like that but steels is the way to roll 8)

Keep posting them stances up chaps! 8) There is some great reference points here of what people have done to achieve their desired ride height 8)

easy said:
Keep posting them stances up chaps! 8) There is some great reference points here of what people have done to achieve their desired ride height 8)

Definately, its helping me decide on tyre size for my new wheels and new link pin front end :mrgreen:

61 stu said:
easy said:

Definately, its helping me decide on tyre size for my new wheels and new link pin front end :mrgreen:

Good stuff! just need some more combos, like some Red9 set ups etc. I am adding T2D dropped spindles to mine with coil overs, so another set up from me :roll: ;)

easy said:
61 stu said:
easy said:

Good stuff! just need some more combos, like some Red9 set ups etc. I am adding T2D dropped spindles to mine with coil overs, so another set up from me :roll: ;)
See Ant;s set up for red9 and dropped spindles 8)

T2D dropped spindles - Gaz adjustable shocks, 165/55 15's + one spline at rear - standard shocks, 185/65 15's (intend to lower another 1" all round with adjusters and adjustable spring plates)

627182.jpg

Heres Mine, One spline drop at the rear and down on creative adjusters at the front. Also Spax adjustables at the front which transformed the ride no end. Tyres are standard on the back with 165/65 up front.
eb1ly0.jpg

yea george the board was a bargain price of 70 squid, some geezer only used it twice, never even been waxed :shock:

i like the pic too 8)

cheers

Two spline rear drop plus adjustable spring plates and 195/65x15 Rear.
King and Linkpin 4" narrowed front end with very late bay discs and calipers and 185/55x15 Fronts.

256.jpg

:mrgreen:

leec said:
kombiporsche said:
Front adjusters, two outer splines on the rear, 5,5 5*130 MWS gasburners repro wheels, 175/55/15 front, 195/65/15 rear...

0076792049.jpg

Do you run adaptors to get from wide 5 to porsche, if so what type?

Mine is a '71, 5*112 pattern with 5*112 to 5*130 home made adaptors, now fitted with New 4.3" narrowed beam, 2.5" dropped spindles, and new adjustables spring plates B-)

(4 new shocks, steering shock, all ball joints, bearings, silent blocs....)

Lower and more comfortable... what else??

All work done @ Vintage Autohaus, France

dsc0023w.jpg

http://panelvan.skynetblogs.be/post/7262970/vintage-autohaus-trip-day1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://panelvan.skynetblogs.be/post/7276749/vintage-autohaus-trip-day2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts