What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally nailed the CSP shifter in the Bus
949968a3e1d32e285390e2566ff5b175.jpg

And then fitted the door mounted spotlight
d209397b456af01b4c00101e3ec0ab93.jpg

went under her, removed exhaust,heat exchangers and fitted new exchangers, nothing wrong with OG ones other than can't get the exhaust to seal on them, spiggots just don't seam long enough :?

Cleaned exhaust down and prepped for heat paint and hung up in gargage, turned around and back again and now have a big cut and lump on me head form the bloody exhaust :x :lol:

Painted exhaust in heat paint so hopefully will last longer! :D

WP_000339.jpg

WP_000340.jpg

Just gotta refit tomorrow as long as the snow stays away :msn4:

20130112_124047.jpg

Nice one Paul though i think that you have to turn the bottle of the firetec 90 degrees so the black dot sits on the lowest point, the dot marks the point of the outlet pipe (at least that was written in my data sheet)!

Repaired the wiring in the engine bay, cleaned up the engine ready for tinware and noticethat the recon engine has a welded cylinder head :evil: oh, and took off the firewall to find a nice shiny fuel tank( albeit dusty)

myvanway 69 said:
68_early_bay said:
myvanway 69 said:
Loads... (For me)!! :)
20130112_143511.jpg

Most of it turned out well!! :oops:

Is the propex all in and going then ?,you have been a busy boy, my firetec is still in the box lol how did you attach the tube to the ceiling of he engine bay?

Nooo!!!!! Just the Thermostat!!! :oops: :lol:

:lol: :lol: ....... Finishing it off in the morning then .... :lol:

I finished off the Dizzy blank for my Megajolt instal.
As the MJ does away with the dizzy I could either remove the dizzy drive shaft and washers or use an old dizzy and cut the shaft down. I chose the latter as I can always remove the drive later on and I need to make sure the MJ is up and working before I do that.

I used an old dizzy, stripped it down and cut the centre shaft down. To cap this I used an old garlic dip container from my local Kebab shop, it fits a treat:

image%25282%2529.jpeg

I fixed this on the dizzy with epoxy glue:

image%25283%2529.jpeg

Then masked it and sprayed it with plastic primer:

image%25281%2529.jpeg

Finally I sprayed some satin black top coat on and here it is drying out:

image.jpeg

To finish this install off I am waiting for a couple of fittings for the inlet manifolds so I can get the vac signal to the MJ and then it is a case of fitting it and finalizing the loom. The base map is ready and will be tuned once the engine is sorted and run in.

I'll post up a "How to MJ your Bay" along with the suppliers I used and approx costing (it will not be cheap, but I am using quality parts).

Replaced this on my engine, which was making a bit of a racket...

DSC_2176_zpse4030e0c.jpg

Amazing how much quieter it is now!

Also replaced a sticking brake caliper, much better now :)

I celebrated our two week anniversary by taking out the engine for a second time to correct an oil leak. This time however I forgot to support the tranny before removing the engine, and I did not have the clutch disc lined up well. Made reinstallation less then fun. Also, despite my efforts to replace the rear main and the flywheel O-ring, it still seems to be leaking. Perhaps it is trying to tell me to just accept it for what it is?

I fitted the Electronic ;) module yesterday inside my Dizzy to replace the dino points, best £20 I have spent on the van in two years :mrgreen: , started this morning Instantly ..... Happy days :D

Fitted the freshly painted exhaust I painted yesterday! Connected to exchangers and heat pipes etc!! :D

Still sounds loud but not blowing so alls good! 8)

WP_000343.jpg

Reinstalled my newly upholstered seats! :D

IMG_5078.jpg

I have before pics in my thread!

Now I have to finish the ball joint job before I can test out my new seats! LOL

Latest posts