Whats your day job!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnny said:
The Selbsters said:
Ah, just north of Chelters that'll be!
I design showers for Mira ... hmmm ... don't suppose you've lost any vans recently? :oops:
Hope they weren't VW's! :wink:

I have a 11kw Sport but it develops a deafening buzzing at higher pressures (lower temps)? im worried :? is it due to scaling? sorry but £150 to get a dude to come look at it :(

Sheesh Kebab!!! 150 smacaroonies is a bit steep :shock: methinks I can ask for a pay rise on that!
Limescale is a possibility if you live in a hard water area :?: How old is the unit :?:
More likely is your traditionally low water pressure in Northern Ireland (I presume Norn Iron is such!).
It could be that the flow valve is right on the brink of control and is rapidly opening and shutting.
If you turn on another outlet nearby, do the "low flow" or "overheat" lights come on :?:
Do you have a plumber mate who can check your water pressure :?: You'll need at least 1.0-bar.
Also an obvious one but I presume you are running off mains water not off a header tank :?:
Also check the filter is not blocked :?: If you need a manual look here ... http://www.mirashowers.com/onlinecatalog/shower_features.jsp?item=367316&prod_num=Sport+Max&cat=Electric+Showers
I've been working on mixer showers for the past few years but coincidentally tomorrow I'm moving onto the electrics team ... I'll find you what they think.

We had an engineer out to customer today who complained of a squeaking sound before her shower went dead ... we found two fried mice!!! :mrgreen:
I'll chat with some colleagues and see what they think ...

Jon

VeeDubMan3 said:
The Selbsters said:
I design showers for Mira ... hmmm ...

My wife worked at Mira (or Caradon Mira as she calls it) many, many years ago. How long you been there?

Small world ... Its quite likely that I would have know her.
I've done almost 15 years - think I should at least get parrol for good behavoiur by now :wink:
I started as an apprentice working my way through through most departments for 4 years, then was off at uni for 3 years and then back in NPD for 8 years. What department did she work in?

Yes I remember the Caradon days with First in Service initiatives and good old fashioned working ethics. That was before HSBC pillaged us and sold us on to the American giants!
Those were the days ... get your violins out ... :cry:
Actually ... Kohler have been great ... except for a few really annoying policies!

The Selbsters said:
VeeDubMan3 said:
The Selbsters said:
I design showers for Mira ... hmmm ...

My wife worked at Mira (or Caradon Mira as she calls it) many, many years ago. How long you been there?

Small world ... Its quite likely that I would have know her.
I've done almost 15 years

Her name then was Beth Attwood (now Brown) and I think she worked there with Kay Gibbons (now Watson). Do you remember them? Would have been some marketing type role they did.

I'am a newspape-printer. The company (PCM) i work for makes about 50 % of the dutch national newspapers.
It means a lott of night-shifts... :shock: :shock:
I almost finished with a DTP-course/training. When i cratuate i'll switch jobs. 8)

I`ve probably got the most boring job compared to some but i`m a transport manager and i love it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beats sleeping in layby`s for a living although that wasn`t all to bad either really!! Got to see plenty of dubs on my travels!! 8) 8)

I'm a managing surveyor for a construction company, I build care complex's for when we all get old and the alzhimers sets in. I've booked my room already :D :D

IMG_1707.jpg

I am a Kitchen fitter/finisher for Homeseeker Park Leisure Homes.
Building Log homes and Leisure park homes.... Ok Glorified Caravans!!

Paul.

Blimey, old revived thread!!
For those that don't know I support and advise orthopaedic surgeons in replacing joints. The best job I've ever had, bar none....(and my first job when left university 13 years ago was as a forensic scientist).

I'm a paramedic in the northwest although from London originally
Been doing the job for 11 years and I think I'll die in this uniform as its the best job in the world.

I seem to have always been in green as I did 6 years in the army after leaving school

And as they say you can take the man out of the green but can't take the green out of the man

Great old thread, someone must have been bored to dig this out :lol: I`ve done lots of all sorts and was a general builder and roofer for myself for donkeys years which was fandabydozy :p But too frequent visits to the chiro ended that eventually :( Then I got into various sales roles then surveying for cavity wall and loft insulation (sales) ;) But now I got a most fantastic job working for the Guide Dogs for the blind peeps, and all I gotta do is get peeps to sponsor new puppies to be trained as guide dogs to help reduce the waiting list. So all day long I get paid to chat to peeps about puppies and stuff, now how `C 8) 8) L , is that. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Works for dogs :mrgreen:

Well I have the arduous job of importing and selling Beer to both supermarkets and pubs. :D
Sell quite a few brands and also a lot of own-label brands and quite ofton have to do lots of tastings :roll:

Well someone's got to do it :lol:

I'm a Senior Site Manager!! Trained as a joiner/carpenter when i left school doing nightclubs and snooker halls. Then went into management as my back gave up (not good when dropping the engine and cralling around welding!!!!).
Most recent big job was Under The Bridge at Chelsea football club. Its basicly Abramovich's personel music lounge with elevating stage and massive video screen wall.

I'm a Senior Materials Engineer for Laing O'Rourke. I make sure soils, aggregates, concrete and blacktop (Tarmac) are QA'd and QC'd for large road and airport projects. I helped build the new airport in Hong Kong in the mid 90s and more recently Terminal 5 at Heathrow and Junction improvements on the M62 (J6) and M4 (J11).

Hi all, I am a Weapons Technician in the Royal Air Force. Currently in charge of an Armoury containing several hundred automatic rifles and semi automatic pistols.

Been all over the world including Vegas, Amarillo, Oman, Jordan and so on.
I have worked on everything from Single seater fast jets to a humble pistol.

Completed two Iraq tours and one in Afghan.

Love my job

I drive these things up & down the country,freight only,no rude passengers! :D My job is traction Instructor which is like a driving instructor for train drivers....love it!!

02613633-b26a-b85a.jpg

I used to be an electonics engineer, but now I work a an IT systems engineer.

But I much prefer mucking about with something mechanical (or is that maniacal)??

Latest posts