1967 Neptune Blue Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

67panel

Reaction score
Wish I had that roof height then I could get the lift fully up. Looking tidy , maybe a "What's your garage like" thread? Mine is full with the youngest's lads Honda Teg type R and my Austin Countryman blown apart as its being hot rodded (again)

gninnam

Reaction score
Nice one Si - love 911's (never owned one but drove my mates round Oulton Park many years ago and was a hoot)

giraffeinbath

Reaction score
sparkywig said:
Well, I've finally achieved my dream garage.

:D

A black 996 and a Neptune Blue Earlybay, I'd say that was the perfect combo ;)

I spotted you popping up on the 911uk forum. I've had mine for a couple of years as a daily and it still makes me grin every time I jump in it, they're good fun. :mrgreen:

sparkywig

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been quite a while, but spent a couple of hours on the deluxe today.
Stripped the o/s door to give it a good clean, remove a bit of the yellow paint pen and see if I can push the door skin out a bit.

I was trying to get the chrome scraper trim off very carefully so I could attach new scrapers and reuse, but it was so fragile it just collapsed with any sort of pressure. But I kept the og window felt clips, going to give them a blast in the cabinet, paint and reuse them with new scrapers and seals.

Also going to try these 3 jet washer nozzles, if I can remember where I put them in a couple of years.

leon

Reaction score
Year of Van
Van Type
Westfalia
What an great bus. I would love to get a deluxe as well as my Westy and then keep it as a bus. You rarely see them with an original interior. What’s the plans inside?

sparkywig

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made a start cleaning off the underside of a rock hard coating of sand/oil.
I expect to reveal a little more corrosion, as I've already found a small hole in the front outrigger in addition to the repair in the pic.

After 2 hours of scraping, soaking in brake cleaner, scraping and wire brushing. Although I found the best tool to be a nylon filament brush in a die grinder. I must recommend eye protection though.

This is going to be a long and tedious job.

Latest posts