1967 Neptune Blue Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only sunroof buses and westy pop tops are double skin. Westys are built on Factory sunroof buses

Another hour trying to get some strength back into the roof.
Panel bonding the roof panel to the middle brace should give some more rigidity.

Helper weight on the roof.

Gave the upper corner a quick panel wipe, the paint should come back with a polish once it's had a good clean.

Another morning at the lockup and a couple of jobs ticked off the list.
The galvanized pipe clip and tek screw holding the offside door shut has grated since I've had the bus, so the cab door lock mechanism was removed, stripped, cleaned and re-instated with a new spring. Part no. 211-837-061.
While the mechanism and handles were soaking in the parts washer, the window winder mech received some attention and lubrication.
Offside cab door done.
Before.

After.

That sounds awesome. I've enjoyed the slight restoration on mine (I've only resprayed it and replaced the interior). One day I would love to tackle a full restoration like that. Would need a decent lockup first!

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Cleaning time today, borrowed a diesel hot washer.
Out in the open at last.

1st wash inside and out after a good soak in degreaser.

2nd wash and a drip dry.

Roof turned out not too bad.

Even managed to get the last bit of workshop wall painted while it was outside.

Back in it's spot for tonight.

Now it's nice and clean I can carry out a light T Cut on the panels.

Quite pleased with the outcome, especially as just elbow grease was involved.
Only the front panel, cab door and middle panel to do now, then might decide to do a light machine polish.

Thanks Mike.
More T Cutting today.

Front panel, cab door and side panel finished,

and a start made on the roof.

Only did half the roof for a couple of reasons.
One, I ran out of T Cut and two, the roof needed a little interior support to stop it popping back with the force of the polishing.
So I started on the sound deadening.

Doesn't look too bad, although I think it could do with a light mopping before it gets waxed.

Latest posts