1970 Westy Pop Top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clem said:
Simon came over for some Ankor Wax action today

tumblr_ljpb9eePUt1qf2thio1_1280.jpg

And also a tyre swap to 185/55 x 15 up front

tumblr_ljpbayaK1B1qf2thio1_1280.jpg

Good to meet you and your cool bus 8)

Thanks Again. Cheers for the Pics

Show off :lol:
I've been at work all bl**dy weekend (apparently it was easter aswell :evil: )
Since MOT'ing mine i've only driven it back from the testers so nice to see you about and about

Great pictures (when will my van be on the road....)

Gives me incentive :D

Been off the road for a bit, due to my engine going south. So been busying myself in getting it back together and running again.

So today was not raining here, so thought it would be good to get a few miles in to start running in the new engine. Then thought we'd give the Oxfordshire village fathers day SSVOC meet a look a 76 mile round trip and the chance to get a bit of food for fathers day.

Here's some pictures of our bus, it's great to be driving her again. 8)

Added some other pictures to the Events thread.

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00948.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

creationblue said:
How was the journey home mate? Engine feeling good?

Just

Hi Just,

Nice to meet you and the family. The bus ran well on the way home, doing a quick calc, about 28-30mpg which is not too bad with a full load and towing a trailer.

Hope your new motor ran OK.

Just need to change the oil on mine now, before the weekend. :roll:

Cheers,

Simon

As the weathers been kind over the last few months got a few of next years jobs done early. 8)

New Pop top canvas,bought at Vanfest from Wolfsburg Classic Parts. The second one I've done now. This time I bought an electric staple gun, which made life much easier. :) Very happy with the quality.

P9300503.jpg

P9300501.jpg

P9300499.jpg

Other jobs I've done are: -

Rear Jail bars (Cheers to Steve (lhu128l) for the good deal on these) :mrgreen:
P9300506.jpg

Fitted deluxe door pull surrounds (another Vanfest bargin)
P9300504.jpg

creationblue said:
Nice job Si, not fitted my tent yet, hope it looks that good!

Hows the wife & kids?

Just

Hi Just,

Thanks, pleased with how it went in.

The family are well thanks, getting there list ready for Christmas. :roll:

How about your clan?

I'll have to check out you thread and see what you've been up to.

Si

hi what size profile tyres are you running on your bus mines being lowered and i have a set of empi 5spokes 15" just pondering tyre size

lowered 2 splines rear and on adjusters stock beam front just wondering what tyres to go with thought about 175 65 15 rear and 165 60 15 front

what are yours ?

lobie said:
hi what size profile tyres are you running on your bus mines being lowered and i have a set of empi 5spokes 15" just pondering tyre size

Hi,

I'm running 185/55 R15 86V's up front & 185/65 R15 92T's at the rear. I wanted to run reinforced for both as it was recommended for the weight of a westy. I wish I had gone >65 at the rear for better motorway running. :roll: I will change when they need replacing.

The bus is lowered 1 spline at the rear, with T-haus drops with coilovers at the front on a std beam.

Just gone through your thread mate and thats one great bus.Also helped me out with the pics of your pop top as I`m fitting one to mine :D

Latest posts