1970 Westy Pop Top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you buy a new clutch release arm and bearing make sure you also buy the uprated spring clips.
Might also be worth changing the starter motor brass bush while the engines out.

faux said:
That is a bit worrying to see the talented work of the PO :mrgreen:

You'll get it sorted.

Yes there's been a a few home fixes that needed sorting :shock: Putting some of them down to lack of availability of parts.

slammedresto said:
i love this bus, great colour 8)

Thanks, was thinking of going back to all pearl white, but think we'll will stick with blue under white.

Wensbry said:
Nice work Si !!!

Thanks Steve.

froggy said:
When you buy a new clutch release arm and bearing make sure you also buy the uprated spring clips.
Might also be worth changing the starter motor brass bush while the engines out.

Was wondering if it was worth using the HD ones, so you've answered my question. I think I have a spare bush kicking around. Good advise, thanks

cotswoldiver said:
Hi Simon,
What other plans have you got for the winter off road period for this lovely bus of yours?

Hi David,

Going to look at lowering her as well, also may do some work to the interia trim.

:D :D

Quick Update.

Got my engine tin powder coated and cleaned up the rest of the parts. Really pleased how it looks. :D Just need a new coil as it now looks tatty :roll: . Also fitted cooling the flaps that were missing.
4.jpg

5.jpg

10.jpg

Fitted the new clutch release mechanism :D
9.jpg

Now getting stuck into removing the paint from the engine bay to give that a freshen up.
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

30 bags of sand !!!

how long before you swop out the genny for alternator ??????

can`t even see the best bit (the bit that i did ) :roll:

lhu128l said:
30 bags of sand !!!

What's the sand for Steve, a face lift on your '73? :lol:

hello mate i have 3 westy curtain tie backs in my van 2 by the sliding door and on oposite by the seat belt.if you want pics or anything let me know.cheers Lee....

Rusty Lee said:
hello mate i have 3 westy curtain tie backs in my van 2 by the sliding door and on oposite by the seat belt.if you want pics or anything let me know.cheers Lee....

I take it that was the answer to my question fella :lol: I did find the post eventually.........just not where i expected :lol:

Just

Cali_bay said:
lhu128l said:
30 bags of sand !!!

What's the sand for Steve, a face lift on your '73? :lol:

yes she might be a late but the steering wheel is at least on the right side :lol:

Just a quick update, still not got the engine back in, but getting there.

Engine bay painted and firetex kit installed. Just got the rest of the list to finish now :roll:

P2190247.jpg

P2190246.jpg

P2190245.jpg

Cali_bay said:
Just a quick update, still not got the engine back in, but getting there.

Engine bay painted and firetex kit installed. Just got the rest of the list to finish now :roll:

P2190247.jpg

P2190246.jpg

P2190245.jpg

Great work!, i'm in the middle of the same job.

Firetech install looking good - hope to do mine soon also :mrgreen:

Hi Simon

What did you end up using instead of the tar board for the roof of the engine bay?

Latest posts