68 Deluxe - Back to full height

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gvee said:
Had a thought about your units the other day...

Assuming you are putting curtains in there, you could route a groove in the top of the units where you could run a second curtain track. Reckon it'd look pretty sweet. *shrug*
Ah-ha! Not quite, but I have plans. I'll give you a clue - I'm not having any curtains...

sparkywig said:
I bet you're going to fit some wooden shutters to match the interior. ;)
The thought crossed my mind, but that would be wood overkill. I need some other materials in there to soften it I think. Not sure because I'm not a girl or lawrence headin-loobowl :lol:
DSCF3955.jpg

Insulated / reflective panels for blackout with plasti mag strips instilled (fridge door magnets) decorate to one`s choice with vinyl whatsit with anything you fur king like printed on there,, even woodgrain if you really wanted to take the michael. I thunk you is right about the overkill on the wood and the boaty bit,,, any more and I`d be sick,,,,,,,,,sea sick :lol: Absolutely loving it though mate, like the whole shebang :mrgreen: As for the drawers, sliding inappropriately,,, maybe a notch and ball in the runners towards the rear ??? also coupled with a mag catch, the notch and ball could make the mag catch 5 to 10 times more effective, especially if the mag catch was working in the vertical plane and only to stop the notch and ball :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,And A Merry Chrimbo to you and your crew :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Magnets? Where's your style Ozzie. :roll:
Ok - it's upside down roller blinds. :msn4:

Nice job on the cabinets. I really like the rolled tops. As far as keeping the drawers shut, I used to have an old motor home and you had to lift up a bit on the drawer to get it to pull out. Probably to late for making tracks like that, but I figured I would throw it out there. :D

justcruzin said:
Nice job on the cabinets. I really like the rolled tops. As far as keeping the drawers shut, I used to have an old motor home and you had to lift up a bit on the drawer to get it to pull out. Probably to late for making tracks like that, but I figured I would throw it out there. :D
Ah - yes - I know what you mean - hadn't thought of that. Good call thanks. :)

The units around the seat look really cool 8)
Once the handles are installed should finish it off nicely.

Keep up the good work :D

As much as you don't want them as they're considered 'too girly' the look your going for would suit a set of curtains. Shoot me down but it would. Fact! :msn4:

Go fetch the 12 bore Eugene...

Curtains have been done to death. Curtains are girly. :)

I don't go to shows so I may have missed this, but I've never seen a van with retracting roller blinds. Hopefully all that will be on show when they're open is the stick that supports the fabric, which with a bit of luck will just look like a trim piece. The blinds will be hidden and come out of a small slot. I've got it worked out all round except the sliding door which is tricky if not impossible which is disappointing, but I'm sure I can make a matching blind-like taught curtain to hang on it and keep in a cupboard.

the sliding door one possibly could be hidden behind the door panel and pull up if you know what i mean?, my mates got a shitreon people carrier with sun blinds, that sort of do this, and it got me thinking it would be a neat way for camper blinds????

..........................kev

my dad's ford focus s max (i think) has sun visors that work on this principle in the back windows, with a bit of thought you could make them nigh on invisible until theyre up. a like your thinking and appologise for when i steal it :lol:

My old Vauxhall Signum had them as well,, pull up sun blinds that slotted down / rolled into the doors, quite neat and changing the material on them shouldn`t prove too much of an ass ache :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, What`s wrong with magnets anyhow????????? :lol: :roll: :lol:

anything can be done.

just maybe not without using the grinder.
I was trying to figure out how to hide the retracting car sun blind ones so they were completely hidden but accessible, too much cutting involved. :roll:

Over the past few days I've had to re-make a few parts...

One thing that I hadn't taken account of is that the C-pillar on the sliding door is a good bit thicker than the other one, so if like I did you make a panel right across with same size cupboardry things each side, the middle of the panel is not in the middle of the van, and to get the bed centred between the two cupboardy things, it can't be in the middle of the van. With me? :lol: Long and short is I've had to move the bed across a bit. And also due to the pillars, there was more room for a wider oak piece for the lid hinges on the sliding door side beacuse the C-pilar pushed the cupboardy thing out at the front. So to even them up, I cut 8mm off the lids on the other side to make room for the oak that will hide the blind.

The second thing is the van tapers inwards very slightly towards the rear. I knew this, but it's so slight, I overlooked one effect it would have on the furniture. To get the two blind hiders same width front to back, I had to remake the rear panels wider as well. The cupboard was originally tapered because it was parallel with the floor ridges - now it tapers in. It's only 10mm from to back but it had to be done for balance (and space for the blinds when they're rolled up.

Not much point posting pictures as it all looks just like it did before all that^ mucking about. :roll:

Bits and bobs tray.
DSCF3962.jpg

To sit in here.
DSCF3964.jpg

Scanvenged another bit of bus for the handle. Hmm v- not one of my better things - might bin it. :lol:

Latest posts