71 Seattle Westy Restoration - Done, Time to go camping

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kev946 said:
I fitted the pedal pan freshly powder coated, then off to the MOT station. It passed with no advisories.

IMG_1653 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr
Looking good and great result with the MOT. 8)
The picture above - I had to look twice as I thought you had put a green poptop on :shock:

Dropped the camper off for some paintwork on the sliding door. My fault I chipped the edges and he's going to make sure it's flatter as it was a little uneven. The good thing is it's locked up and dry over the Xmas period. It drove really wel over to the bodyshop. Having only covered 22 miles in a year it really needs using and is improving everytime I drive it.

Not much to do on it now. The heater needs setting up and the jeckets replacing, the wheels need powdercoating and new tyres, and I need to treat the underneath to cavity wax when the warmer weather comes.

IMG_1673 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

Got the 71 back from the bodyshop today. Had a few paint rectifications done and I'm now so happy with it. Looks spot on. So now just need to get the wheels powder coated and new tyres fitted then it's just about finished.Stiill need to adjust the heater controls. It ran so well too on the drive back. I do have problem with the fuel gauge so looks like I need to replace the sender. Wish I'd done it when the tank was out as the engine has to be removed to get to the tank now.

D72_8890 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_8891 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_8892 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_8896 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_8897 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_8899 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_8900 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_8901 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

Pop top bed fitted and new bolster cushions in the 71 today. Last big job is removing the engine and petrol tank to fit a new fuel sender. I wished I'd done it when I had the tank out, but could be worse, all fixable. Then just need the wheels powder coating and new tyres fitted. So pleased how it's looking and can't wait for our first camping trip.

D72_8950 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_8953 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_8955 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_8960 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_8961 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_8962 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

Hi Kevin, bus looks great. Do you know what thickness the foam is on your bed and is it chamfered at the edges. Mine was kicking my pop to up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

*Sam* said:
Hi Kevin, bus looks great. Do you know what thickness the foam is on your bed and is it chamfered at the edges. Mine was kicking my pop to up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 inch. I had 2 inch at first but the top sat about 4 inches open. They re did it in 1 inch and pulled the edges to round it. It still was about 1 inch high so I fitted the centre toggle back on by making the bracket swivel to clear the headboard. All works well now.

Beautiful job you've done there, love the interior layout. I also have one of those 335 toilets and was interested how you clipped it to the floor?

Zcat7 said:
Beautiful job you've done there, love the interior layout. I also have one of those 335 toilets and was interested how you clipped it to the floor?

Thanks. Mine came with 2 special plastic bracket to clip it to the floor. One has a slider to remove it.

Hmm, don't recall seeing that anywhere but I'll have a dig around in the box. Thanks!

Latest posts