71 Seattle Westy Restoration - Done, Time to go camping

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top tip. Apply a few coats of varnish to the back of the door panels to stop the damp wrecking them. One of mine as already got some mould on it which I noticed when removing them to fill the doors with cavity wax. This will protect them nicely. My door panels are TMI but the wood backing is more like cardboard so needs protecting.

DSCN3842 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

Second Camping outing at the Early Bat Camp Out at Banbury.

D72_0248 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_0247 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_0246 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_0244 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_0240 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_0238 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_0236 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_0235 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_0230 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_0221 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_0220 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_0219 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

Looking good Kev, great tip with the door cards, mine are O/G and falling apart on the inside so must remember this when the day for replacement comes

CornishSilver said:
Looking good Kev, great tip with the door cards, mine are O/G and falling apart on the inside so must remember this when the day for replacement comes

J&S told me. I removed mine when wax injecting and they were already rotting.

Make sure you put 2 or 3 coats on and use external varnish. The soak is loads so you need plenty of coats.

Your bus is so nice ! You did a wonderful job. I really enjoy reading your thread.

Love it, one thing i need to do as it gets pretty sweaty during hot days!

Kev946 said:
Fitted a leather steering wheel cover to the 71 today. Very pleased with it. It looks very factory as its stitched on. Took my 2 hours to fit but well worth it. Should be much nicer to drive too.

D72_0447 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr

D72_0446 by Kevin Saunders, on Flickr