Billy breaks cover (or Graham & Jen's new bus)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow! love the interior Graham really stands out, killer stereo by the looks of it also, i like it a lot 8)

Hey Graham, glad to know the sunroof bits helped. Will be over to check it out once i start on mine.

After some advice in return :)

As Stanford Hall was off Sunday, we took our bus to Kingsbury Water Park (Reckon it would be good for a local meet) And as you know im carrying some timber, with me and the misses in the front kids in the back, we grounded the beam out on a couple of speed bumps (even going slow) and a big one on a fastish country road with a dip. Got back an had a look and its got a good graze mark on the beam my side :shock:

Still on standard steels and 185/60-14's on the front, no arch rub just grounding (Did rub but no grounding with 205/70-14's) - doesnt do it when i'm on my own

Whats you answer for the grounding issues, and please dont advise dieting :lol:

Got to have a look at Grahams bus at the weekend, its very very nice. The paint has really nice patina to it and the exhaust looks the nuts withe the chrome bumpers. The interior is beautiful, really top quality finish. Good job!!!

Cheers Krusty!!

Oil leak getting worse so after fixing what I thought was the problem (push rod tube seals) with some bolt up ones in situ oil still pissing out so back on the ramp last night and engine out, as suspected flywheel oil seal has gone, flywheel fitted with oversize dowels which appeared to have ovalled so not great, Crank end is OK but flywheel is scrap, on the lookout for new flywheel and some more oversize dowels (or a new engine :lol: :lol: )

b5416536.jpg

a46f0ecd.jpg

250d4bf1.jpg

OK so havent updated this thread for a while, didnt end up getting a new flywheel bought a new engine instead, this is May 2012 and a new 1641 SP2 engine arrives from VW Herirage :)

and ready to go back in the bus........and yes I did put oil in it

Rolling road session to set up the twin dells in possibly the smallest rolling road I've ever been to, this is Steve Thompson motorsport in Northfield, Birmingham and the rolling road is in his back garden!!

Not all plain sailing, foul smell from the back of the bus on the way to Alive & Vdubbin in 2012, overcharging alternator kicking out 17 volts meant a battery nearly went up in flames. Quick pit stop at T2D to see if Paul has a spare one and he does, I fit it in the rain outside his unit in just over an hour and promise to replace it with another one, no money changed hands :), A belated thanks Paul.

Finally at a very wet Alive n Vdubbin in 2012 at Jimmys Farm

And then the rescheduled Stanford Hall

then the RSVP (Redditch Posse) Summer BBQ at Bidford on Avon

and then after the rescheduled Berkeley Castle was cancelled an overnight at Tudor Arms with Sparky, Justin, and Shaun,

Ended up missing Brighton Breeze as one of the gearboxdrive seal gasket decided to fail on the way back from Tudor Arms but only found out when I found the big pool of gearbox oil the day we were heading to Brighton :(

Did make the 2012 DTA meet though but as our unit at the time was in the building that the meet is ouside it would have been hard to miss it, Cal's beetle even made a visit. Note the Bang Bus with Foz's bus looking very high at this stage :)

So a fairly eventful 2012 with the first year of the bus but despite someone commented that our bus never made it to any shows in 2012 the pictures tell a different story, just need to get some 2013 pictures up now but thats another story again......

68_early_bay said:
I'm liking your lift in the work shop 8) how stable is it with a bus on it? :mrgreen:

Its actually more stable at full height rather than at mid point, full height gets the hubs to a comfortable working height, still have to crouch to get underneath a bus but it takes up so little space compared to a 2 post lift although if we can find a bigger unit (our current one is in question at the moment) then I'll try and find space for a 2 poster as well :)

Ok so into 2013 and the best laid plans that all go wrong, lets just say it was booked in to have a 4" narrowed KnL beam but things didnt go to plan, the beam went in but resulted in a lack of gear selection so whilst it now looked like this:

It ended up having to go back on this...

....to have the motor pulled once more (getting very tired of pulling the engine out of this bus, especially with a towbar fitted), turns out it wasnt the 1303s box that was playing up but a badly bent shift rod that was bent to clear the new beam but we only found that after we had pulled the 1303s box and replaced it with a bay box to have exactly the same fault, frustrating wasnt the word.

To cap it all as the bus was returned to us with no gear selection a couple of days before Ninove 2013 so we missed the trip in the bus but did go in the Golf and slummed it by staying in hotels and stopped off in Brugge on the way back, be rude not to wouldn't it.

and sampling the local brew with Jen, Liv and Mr Ego himself :)

So not a great start to 2013, could it get better???

Supertramp said:
Such a cool bus, very clean and subtle. You happier without the damn 1/4 opening windows?

Yep no more leaking windows :lol:

Graham L said:
68_early_bay said:
I'm liking your lift in the work shop 8) how stable is it with a bus on it? :mrgreen:

Its actually more stable at full height rather than at mid point, full height gets the hubs to a comfortable working height, still have to crouch to get underneath a bus but it takes up so little space compared to a 2 post lift although if we can find a bigger unit (our current one is in question at the moment) then I'll try and find space for a 2 poster as well :)

Cheers for that graham, I'm going to keep an eye out for one :msn4: anything that makes working under a bus easier is got to be worth it :lol:

Hope so Steve but 2014 hasn't started as planned either.....................

Engine issues Steve but hopefully it will be sorted in the next couple of weeks, so at the moment engines out (again).

Latest posts