Billy breaks cover (or Graham & Jen's new bus)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe thats the same paint!Does he want to come and do mine!!

That looks great mate,can`t believe what a difference the polish makes it will be one cool shiny ride :D

OSullivan said:
Can't believe thats the same paint! Does he want to come and do mine!!

Give Paul his due he did a fantastic job but the roof and panels (excluding the doors) took him approx 9 hours on Sunday, went over each area 2-3 times with different compounds and then a final polish aftwerwards.

We did find that certain panels on the rear had been painted but a long time ago and we suspect by the quality of the work and colour match that it could have been done by VWOA early in its life.

Wow Graham I don't know how I have only just seen this thread. Looks a cracking bus mate you must be well pleased! Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Wow hadn't seen this thread till now. What a great solid original bus. Your doing it proud. Can't wait to see the next post

Nathan

Paul suggested using Auto Glym Super Resin Polish to keep it looking good, not cheap but very good and thats what he used after he polished it.

Docs came through today so now registered as well, just need the doors back from the painters and some glass (oh and a rebuilt engine :cry: :cry: :cry: ,don't ask) and it will be on the road

Lovely bus G just don't park it next to mine, I might get in the wrong one and take it home!

marcher said:
(oh and a rebuilt engine :cry: :cry: :cry: ,don't ask)

oh no :cry: :cry: going to make Ninove fella???

Will be at Ninove but not in 'Billy' due to getting the trim & cabinets fitted in with suppliers but I'm hopefully riding shotgun with a fellow EB owner :lol: :lol: ,

Graham L said:
marcher said:

Will be at Ninove but not in 'Billy' due to getting the trim & cabinets fitted in with suppliers but I'm hopefully riding shotgun with a fellow EB owner :lol: :lol: ,

Thats going to be cosy ;)

EgoTrippin said:
Graham L said:
marcher said:

Thats going to be cosy ;)

Trying to find a B&B at the mo Steve, will ride shotgun but don't expect a bed in the bus I'm sharing :lol: :lol:, if not its a tent on the car park :roll: :roll:

yes G love it mate 8)
looks perfect,hows the exhaust?i am going to get me one asap :mrgreen:
cannot wait to see this .... keep it up graham 8)

OK so no updates for a while, bus has been away for a few weeks first to Pete & Angie at Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers and then to Adrian and Jo at 'All Things Timber' before heading back to BAT for some finishing off. Spent the last couple of days on and off trying to get the wiring sorted for all the internal bits and pieces and trying to work out why the westy bed won't work properly!!

Anyway heres some pictures, first real trip under his own steam in the middle of Feb to BAT
8902f705.jpg

8c920fce.jpg

Now fitted with the grill surround and og badge bought at dubfreeze
2a2c995a.jpg

1e8c885a.jpg

Billy had a hole in his nearside rear panel which looked like it had a battery master switch mounted through the outer skin.....WHY, so to put this hole to good use decided to use this for our external power socket so managed to get hold of a westy inlet and heres the result
55d6a5e3.jpg

ebf66b4d.jpg

8a9ee913.jpg

And heres the interior, not to everyones taste but we wanted a sink and small cooker (to make brews when we stop) and a fridge, a few details were built specially for us, (cup & kettle storage and hidden cutlery tray)
1d8dbcc9.jpg

0380bf9a.jpg

fc306c7b.jpg

43018d87.jpg

22d94a62.jpg

38e9b53e.jpg

81ea6a31.jpg

e27aab73.jpg

Latest posts