Gooding Aluminium panel trim bulk buy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slammed

Reaction score
Is any one up for a bulk buy on aluminium trim to hold in your wooden headliners?

http://www.goodingalum.com/p9/prod63/Aluminium-Profiles/Aluminium-Panel-Wall-Board-Fixings/Aluminium-Panel-Fix---Wall-Panel-Fixing/Wall-Panel-Fixing-System" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm told they require £100 minimum spend, but I'm willing to organise it for cash up front from others in the same boat.
I got some samples through today and it looks good quality.

Grazy has promised he will measure his OG trim at some point soon so we know how much is needed.

Stick your names down if you're interested and hopefully we can sort something.

Cheers Ollie

Hi Ollie

I offered to do this before and only a couple of people were interested, I'm happy to buy the stuff and hold it in stock if I know theres going to be some demand for it,

Well I definitely need it, but I guess my needs only cover a third(ish) of the spend required.

Let me know if you get any more interest Graham, and vice versa.

I'm not sure, I need to measure Grazy's og trim he has. Anyone else interested in going in on this?

I've used this trim for my headlining and for a full tintop you require 3x2.5m lenghts of 'J' trim and 1x4m length of the 'I' trim, not sure if they do a longer length of the 'J' trim although it would be worth finding out as with the 2.5m lengths they're not long enough to do the whole length of the van. As for price not sure as i had to buy enough to cover the min' order. Hope this helps. Seb

I will be interested in the I trim to do my tintop :D i got templates and side trim and about to order the birch ply,(not looking forward to cutting it,costy stuff :shock: )

So you guys who already have your roofs fitted, does this look like the correct I piece to go across the bus?

GAW01-l.jpg

Also, is 2.5 metres of the j-shaped trim enough to do one side of the bus?

GAWP1-l.jpg

The front and back are equal sized on the original.

A mate is interested in the J at least - I'll send him a link

baycrazy said:
I will be interested in the I trim to do my tintop :D i got templates and side trim and about to order the birch ply,(not looking forward to cutting it,costy stuff :shock: )

i always use a stanley knife to cut the timber, score it first nice and gently around your templates then the knife will find its own way round...no probs

OLLIE,
the og j trim measures 1620mm and you will require 4 x pieces , two for each side

the H trim measures 1300mm and two are required....the pictures look the right stuff to me....i used some white plastic H profile found in the shed and sprayed it with plasticote silver, comes out looking just like galvanised stuff 8)

Slammed said:
So you guys who already have your roofs fitted, does this look like the correct I piece to go across the bus?

GAW01-l.jpg

Also, is 2.5 metres of the j-shaped trim enough to do one side of the bus?

GAWP1-l.jpg

Thats the right stuff Ollie. 2.5m isnt long enough to do the whole length. If you trim a little bit off, you can make the join behind the cab doors. I'll take some pics and post them up soon.

Nice one Steve.

So at that 2.5m metres long, we'd need 3 pieces of j trim per bus, and two pieces of I trim?

8)

So at that 2.5m metres long, we'd need 3 pieces of j trim per bus, and two pieces of I trim?

I've used this trim for my headlining and for a full tintop you require 3x2.5m lenghts of 'J' trim and 1x4m length of the 'I' trim, not sure if they do a longer length of the 'J' trim although it would be worth finding out as with the 2.5m lengths they're not long enough to do the whole length of the van. As for price not sure as i had to buy enough to cover the min' order. Hope this helps. Seb

:D

sebroberts83 said:

:D

Smartarse! :lol:

Latest posts