my 68' bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gninnam said:
Oh dear :(
What was/is it??

My engine let go on the way back from bugjam :( so its brought my project engine forward by a few months, so going to get all my other jobs done too while its off the road too front doglegs and valence :? Looks like I'm doing skeg Vegas in my car this year :roll:

68_early_bay said:
gninnam said:
Oh dear :(
What was/is it??

My engine let go on the way back from bugjam :( so its brought my project engine forward by a few months, so going to get all my other jobs done too while its off the road too front doglegs and valence :? Looks like I'm doing skeg Vegas in my car this year :roll:

Bum :(

Well it's been a long month since bugjam, and the engine letting go, and to be honest I put it in the garage and forgot about it for a couple of weeks :?

So I thought I'd update this, with being as busy at work I've decided that i haven't got the time to build my own engine and doing other jobs so I've decided to have one built so watch this space :msn4: hopefully have some progress on that soon 8)

Back to the bodywork :mrgreen:

I have decided while its off the road I will make a start on the front arches, so off came the centre pedal pan, as I'd like to change the sticking throttle cable so I can fit my butty throttle kit 8)

null-38.jpg

To reveal its all nice under there :lol:
null-40.jpg

Onto the n/s arch :?

null-41.jpg

null-6.jpg

null-4.jpg

null-3.jpg

I have fully stripped the arch off now ready for the new cut, but for some reason didn't take any more pics :?

Whilst at it I've stripped the seat tubs and Loor back to bare metal, so I can paint it all like I did the rear last year 8)

null-42.jpg

null-43.jpg

null.jpg

null-1.jpg

Got it in some etch primer on

null-2.jpg

And that's it,

Got to drop the engine next week to rob the tinware, moustache bar etc to take to the builder,

Cheers guys 8)

Managed to get a full garage in today 8)

Forgot to take many pics :? When I stripped off the arch I found that there was some rot at the bottom of the b pillar so stripped that back, neutralised the rust and repaired it,

Then I stripped the new (cut) dogleg down to what I need adjusted it trimmed it and put it place with self tappers 8) must have been concentrating too much forgot to get a pic in place :lol:

Then I removed it and then bare metalled it to get it ready to weld in

And found a few pin holes that needed sorting, bugger :?

null_zps2750a807.jpg

All better :D

null_zps7ebe8d9f.jpg

Then finished stripping treated with neutraliser and then etched

null_zps539dab39.jpg

null_zpsb5798e78.jpg

Will tiger seal all the joints and ready to fit 8)

Oh and this :msn4:

null_zps99be3cbb.jpg

Arch looking good 8)

Engine not though.

Only kidding, the engine looks the nuts. 8)

Cheers andy :lol:

Managed another day in the garage today 8)

null-7.jpg

null_zps7b8ec098.jpg

Once screwed in place tried the bumper 8)

null_zpsc4f1478f.jpg

And once it's all tacked in place, I took the door off, that was easier than it looked :? Don't think it's ever been off

null_zpsdf6f6971.jpg

Then on to the floor repair

null_zps643dd141.jpg

null_zpse3427a61.jpg

null_zpscddafe49.jpg

null_zps218490be.jpg

null_zps42c1eeb5.jpg

Once I'd tacked it in I'd had enough :lol: will carry on next week :lol:

gninnam said:
myvanway 69 said:
Really impressive work Shaun.
8)

+1. Nicely done :D

aspro said:
Quite talented Shaun. I'm impressed. 8)

Who's building that motor? Nice workshop

Cheers guys :mrgreen:

My motor is being built by dan Simpson (who is the vintage speed dealer) his workshop is immaculate ! I've never seen such a clean engine builder lol
Really looking forward to getting it in 8)

Then I can get one of your tachos in Chris 8) have you had anyone fitted one to a 123 ignition yet mate?

68_early_bay said:
gninnam said:
myvanway 69 said:
Really impressive work Shaun.
8)

+1. Nicely done :D

aspro said:
Quite talented Shaun. I'm impressed. 8)

Who's building that motor? Nice workshop

Cheers guys :mrgreen:

My motor is being built by dan Simpson (who is the vintage speed dealer) his workshop is immaculate ! I've never seen such a clean engine builder lol
Really looking forward to getting it in 8)

Then I can get one of your tachos in Chris 8) have you had anyone fitted one to a 123 ignition yet mate?

Not as far as I know. You might have to be my guinea pig. ;)

As soon as the motor is in Chris I'll be giving you a shout to be a guinea pig :msn4:

Got home early today :mrgreen: bonus 8) so thought I'd have an hour welding in what I tacked up the other day :D

null_zps791cd94b.jpg

null_zpsfbec2182.jpg

null_zpsc26160f7.jpg

And also did half of the underside welds too

Hopefully do an hour on Sunday last couple of bits then grind it all nice and etch 8)

Very nice work there
I got to do that. changing both wheel arches
My mate ordered me to buy some galvafroid Paint very expensive
Then poured it into the wheel arch, shacked it round until it cover the inside.
One thing I notice was there are no drainage holes at the bottom :?:
Shouldn't there be :?:

Nice idea on using galvafroid, I've sprayed mine inside as much As i can,

geordie said:
One thing I notice was there are no drainage holes at the bottom :?:
Shouldn't there be :?:

I sourced these as original USA cuts there is a original drain hole

Pic before I stripped and prepped the doglegs :D

null-20.jpg

null-19.jpg

Once they're all in, painted I'm going to cavity wax them through the drain holes :mrgreen:

Latest posts