our new '70 OG westy coooooooooooool

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzomillstrood

Reaction score
Hi all,

So, Friday 26th February 2010 is a special day for us. Almost 10 years after selling my 66 ragtop sunroof beetle and doing the MFM (marriage, family, mortgage) We've done what we have only talked about doing these last 6 years, and bought our first camper.

After scouring the internet for the last 6 months, and checking early bay on a daily basis, and with some help and advice from a fellow early bayer (cheers Matt) I finally found THE ONE. Thirty minutes after it was collected from Felixstowe docks yesterday morning, and 15 minutes after the pop top blew off whilst going down the A14 on the back of a low loader :( , (sorry Neil, I had to mention it mate!) we saw it for the first time.

I was stunned at the condition. A few stone chips, a couple of dings, and a repair needed to the driver side cab floor and battery tray (never seen that before eh!) was as bad as it got. So within 20 mins the deal was done.

Just before I wrote the cheque out, there I was, gaffer tape in one hand, and a handful of rubble sacks in the other, trying to patch up the gaping whole in the roof where the pop top used to be (but was now in 2 pieces in the back of his van).

The good old VW scene...................its as if I never left!
I'll be picking up the van in about three weeks.... cant wait. :D

Thanks to all. Piccys to follow.

osf.jpg

portraitns.jpg

oslowloader.jpg

intopentop.jpg

intfromboot.jpg

table.jpg

wifeupfront.jpg

Haha, congrastulations mate...some how i think this is the bus i was going to see thismorning :)

good luck wit the bus and i look forward to see some more pics. I feel that it will be a bit like Bullseye for me.."look what you could'a won!"

:)

NaFe

Oh dear,
Sorry mate. Apparently there was loads of interest in this one.
Missed out on a couple myself.

Your time will come! :?

Come on Sunday!!!! cant wait to see it in the flesh fella. It's about bloody time!!!! hopefully your stop "chewing my ears off"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done M8 :!:

Cheers mate.

You say that, but when I pick it up next week I guarantee you be around here before I could say roadside recovery! :lol:

gonna pick it up a week tomorrow, if anybody happens to be passing my door on the way to Birmingham next Saturday let me know.

Gonna be driving it to the volksworld show if it kills me :evil:

The cripple creek bus :lol: What a day!! that fek'in roof :roll: those artic lorries do create some suction :cry:

Latest posts