POOR OLD POE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started to weld in another new panel courtesy of A.H. Schofields, its not a bad fit :D

P1010024-1.jpg

P1010023-1.jpg

P1010022-1.jpg

Rather excellent thread, makes you slightly wonder about sticking your legs out front though!! Is there any more progress on poor old poe? :D

Took a visit today to JustDubz Workshop whilst I was working in the Bedfordshire area.
Old Poe was sat there in the corner looking a lot better than last time I saw her which was back in March time, all the front panels were welded on, a genuine VW floor cut out off an early bay was to be tidied up & welded in then the dash & windscreen trial fitment then all to be taken out again along with all the other windows & a full bare metal respray.
Mike & Russ spent a fair amount of time with me as I turned up unexpected, I really appreciate the work these two guys are doing.
A few pictures, the old A pillar :(

PICT1802.jpg

The Vw floor to be tidied up & welded in

PICT1799.jpg

Bracing bars removed & everything has stayed inline (refer to earlier pictures for brace)

PICT1794.jpg

Dashboard has a couple of kinks to be straightened out then in she goes ;)

PICT1798.jpg

Nice & straight, what dya think :?: :lol:

PICT1797.jpg

Front bumper on for trial fitting.

PICT1795.jpg

Soon to be rubbed down, can't wait for a new VW badge on there :lol:

PICT1793.jpg

Bumper has a perfect line right the way around the front.

PICT1792.jpg

Looks like I won't make the Earlybay surf campout :cry:
Russ seems confident she'll be ready for Cornwall holidays the end of July, fingers crossed ;)

looking much better fella....bet ya can`t wait to get in and drive her again....looking forward to seeing it on the road once more.... ;)

ste :mrgreen:

we straightened out the dash today, and cor blimey it fitted straight in, It looks like it all stayed straight after we removed all the bracings

P1010075.jpg

P1010077.jpg

P1010076.jpg

Now we can replace the brackets that support the front of the dash on the inner front panel under the windscreen

Nice work..... so glad you saved it!

All gaps and panel joins etc look factory... and not a flip flop to be seen anywhere... lovely jubbly!

Hey Andy, Mike here (Toad!) from JustDubz
Made a good step forward this week...............TRIAL FITTED THE WINDSCREEN!.........And yes, IT FITS
(Of course we knew it would, but hey, its still best to check lol)
Russ has some pics to post, but just thought id get in first and tell you the news! hehe) :D :D :D :D :D

Latest posts