rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A break in the weather, so off came the cover and out came the paint. :)

Ready for windows now.
Also got the velcro strip on the rear of the sunroof and a couple of the press studs along the front.
Roll on VanWest. :mrgreen:
Been told to come in now and pack ready to go to Bude...

Window man, he come...

Black one-piece bumper on. :mrgreen:

I like this pic.

All the press studs fitted now, and went for a quick drive (about an hour according to Helen :lol:) to make sure it was secure.
Gave it a good clean inside and put the bench seat back in.
Roll on VanWest.

Really must get round to replacing that front valance. :lol:

While we were parked on the beach at VanWest on Sunday, Chloe asked why we had the only bus with differing colour doors to body colour. :lol:

So, start of another job...

Stripped n/s cab door and removed. Then prepped and masked n/s door opening, front and B pillar and gutter.
A nice coat of primer and top coat. Should've really done this months ago. :oops:

Painted the door edges and window reveal, and refitted door with new hinge bolts that I bought about 7 years ago. :lol:

Then ran out of top coat.

Good day today. :D

If you're doing this job, fit quarterlight glass to frame before fitting as you'll have to take it out again to do the clamp up.
And if you have removed the door handle and lock as well, please remember to refit aforementioned handle and lock before trying to fit the window channel felt.
I didn't.... :oops:

Fiddly job with a lot of swearing and sore fingertips, but I'm rather pleased with myself. :D

Interior lights wired and connected. :)
Had a go at the glovebox liner, didn't take a before pic, but it was carpet lined for some reason and not by a professional. :roll:
Managed to get the carpet out, but with some of the liner as well.

It's currently sat in the airing cupboard drying after a good clean and a coat of pva to strengthen it. I'll see what it's like in the morning with a coat of paint.
I've got a replacement liner out of a later van, but it doesn't fit quite right, which is why I'm farting about with the original one.

Bugpack breather on at last.

Found a sheet of 9mm ply at the back of the garage, and a customer donated a roll of 2mm laminate underlay, so had a go at the floor.
Z hinges back in and adjusted, all I need now for my bedroom is a bit of foam over the engine compartment. :)
And another piece of ply. :lol:

Got some 25mm celotex and assorted ply from site this week. :D

floor in

insulation in, what a pain cutting and trimming around the sliding door mech and fitting 25mm insulation into a 20mm recess....

ply on

speakers in the front as well, although I think the satin black may be coming out again...

Got dragged away shopping, so not much else accomplished today. :(

Latest posts