rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good mate just one question how do you find the Paris sunroof. What is the wind noise like?

Just a rotary wire brush, wiped off with some brake cleaner and then a couple of coats of hammerite.
I'll see how long this lasts as I don't really want to strip the drums off to have them powdercoated.

On with the rears. :)

While I was in the area, I thought I'd tidy up the torsion bar covers as well, not a brilliant idea really, as the offside cover rapidly developed some holes under the rotary wire brush.
Oh well, another addition to the parts required list. :roll:

And then it started to rain, heavily.......

p.s. anyone got any brake back plates for a '69?

Ok cool, van is in for some suspension mods till the end of the week tho, and prob camping the weekend, ill give you a txt.

Just

hi firstly nice work , can i question though them castle nuts on the rear drums dont look right to me they should be bigger (deeper) so the split pin goes in the gaps of the castle nut then you bend the ends of the pin around the edges of the nut , otherwise theres a possibiltiy of the nut coming loose and wheel coming off , i am only saying as safety first and have a wheel fly of at 60mph fully loaded wouldnt be fun , megabug would have some ,

heres mine if you save the pic and zoom in you can just about make it out

100_0335.jpg

regards
chris

crede999 said:
hi firstly nice work , can i question though them castle nuts on the rear drums dont look right to me they should be bigger (deeper) so the split pin goes in the gaps of the castle nut then you bend the ends of the pin around the edges of the nut

regards
chris

Thanks for your concern, but they do. :)

Latest posts