rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
sparkywig said:
Thanks Justin.

:mrgreen:

When are they going on?

Not until I've paid you... :lol:

After Oktoberfest probably, don't want to fiddle with the bus as it's all working perfectly at the moment and I'll have some dropped spindles as well. :D

you still alive? thought you would have done something to the van recently??? What about those spindles n rear plates? :lol:

Just

:party0049:

dropped spindles day :D

before

:mrgreen:

New balljoint boots fitted as balljoints are OK.
Had some rubbage issues after the suspension had settled due to the WagenWest spindles widening the track slightly, but they'll be sorted with some 155/60/15 tyres on Monday, so it'll drop another inch. The rake will be reduced as well next week with the 4" springplates, although I'm thinking of tubs now for the New Year.
But it drives so much better with suspension travel again, and I'll admit to driving past some large plate glass shop windows on the way home though..... :lol:

A few more parked up in various stages of repair this morning.

Every inch down brings another problem! :lol:

Glad they were all ok! ;) Looks good, too 8)

More travel is a good thing.............unless something metal (or the road) gets in the way :lol:

I love the way this van keeps getting better. 8)

Lookin good!

Just measured the height to the front arch and is 22.5", so recon the 155/60/15 you just fitted will do the job 8)

Lowered springplate day. :D

Before

After

007-12.jpg

Notice the difference?
Not much other than freshly reassembled due to the springplates not fitting the torsion bars.... :roll:
I shall be arranging some correct year springplates this week.

Just a couple of random workshop pics to follow.....

i remember seeing this bus on the JK forum many moons ago. and setting myself the mission to beat you back to shiny. i think im going to have to concede defeat. great looking bus, and some fantastic work gone into it.

Im getting jealous now, all these vans iv been watching go from the similar or worse condition than mine to nice runners in the time its taken me to do half the welding, loose my garage and farm out the work to someone who despite doing a fantastic job when he does work still hasnt started on mine.

i might steal the front bumper idea though. i like that.

antoine said:
i remember seeing this bus on the JK forum many moons ago. and setting myself the mission to beat you back to shiny. i think im going to have to concede defeat. great looking bus, and some fantastic work gone into it.

i might steal the front bumper idea though. i like that.

Feel free to copy the bumper idea, but you still may beat me to shiny. I deliberately only take pics of the nearside front corner cos' the off-side rear is held together with duct tape. :lol:

Latest posts