rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a cheeky shot of my "new" wheels.

RsVgW.jpg

:mrgreen:

Your roof`s looking good,some hard work gone into that.The wheels look real cool too.Are they 15" ?. :D

Looking good Uncle Wig, liking the wheels, and the roof has come up a treat! coming along nicely 8)

Just

Just a few pics from my extended weekend. :)

Thursday morning, billy-no-mates.

QHbmM.jpg

Another field, another pic...

4gLH2.jpg

sq6PN.jpg

HbMTp.jpg

:mrgreen:

Friday morning

CwhRN.jpg

That's better, some company

BoUWx.jpg

What a motley looking crew, more like care in the community. :lol:
Anyway this is us off to Wilkins Cider Farm with my new mate, Teddy the Help for Heroes bear. He'll be off hiking round the country starting from Lands End next year to raise money for the mental health part of Help for Heroes. If you see him please give generously.
More info here; https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002966431980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yv6jK.jpg

vRG3j.jpg

WKRSE.jpg

EsDgz.jpg

TzjbO.jpg

S1yPm.jpg

Sunday's "show and shine", won by a black T4 apparently. :roll:

9CSxU.jpg

xcphP.jpg

9Izd2.jpg

7WvXP.jpg

fn72Q.jpg

tfMxC.jpg

UvEJK.jpg

5C1r2.jpg

kPHAK.jpg

IKb82.jpg

CA2U5.jpg

Some nice pics and VW's 8)

Not sure about the Polo, but loved the Karmann 8)

Did the Cider go down well ;)

Evening all :)

Yes, the cider did go down a treat. :D

Haven't done much to the bus recently as work's got in the way a bit, can't complain too much though.
Finished the roof a couple of weekends ago, but have lost the pics....
Anyway, new project started today. I acquired another swing out Devon unit yesterday which is complete apart from the drawer, but it's all in bits and a bit of a state.

3Q1F9.jpg

Onwards and upwards. :)

Well, it's about time I did some more on the bus.
Rear roof is blended and just needs a t-cut and polish, pics to follow.

Today was meant to be "replace front valance day", but turned into "various little mechanical job day". :roll:

Tracing the front beam clunk lead to front n/s wheel bearing regreased and adjusted, replaced off-side track rod end, regreased beam, stripped and redrilled worn brake pedal and master cylinder pushrod to fit larger clevis pin, stripped and welded throttle linkage to reduce play which in turn lead to faffing around with hex bar linkage and deciding to invest in a CSP bellcrank kit asap....

JH6Up.jpg

.....and I've still got the clunk. :lol:

stock height...

Jnk86.jpg

that's better

KaSzj.jpg

There's a new project down the yard, not my cup of tea, but it's huuuge next to my bus....

XdA9S.jpg

Got home and carried on with the cooker unit refurb. A rather heavy sanding session and then a couple of coats of correct vintage (it's been in the old man's store for at least 30 years) light oak varnish on the cooker unit.

LrIsF.jpg

SUALd.jpg

Doesn't it ever get dark quick. :lol:

iyIlR.jpg

esVD4.jpg

yAsP1.jpg

Cooker parts scrubbed clean, sanded, primed and painted as well.

OmJS2.jpg

:D

Someones been busy! Great weather for it today too, wheels look cock on too!

Nice woodwork, should look the biz

Just

Chloe's home from school today feeling unwell, so it gives me a chance to give the cooker unit a final sand and coat of varnish.

jTikf.jpg

fXkuP.jpg

Hopefully get it fitted to the bus over the next few days. :)

Well, would you believe it, it's just started hammering down here and the cooker unit is sat on the drive..... :roll:

Looking good, not normally a varnish fan but is coming up nice 8)

I'm a bit disappointed, bloody rain has made the varnish dry into a crackle finish. Looks like I'll have to rub it back yet again....

S7Lhj.jpg

Anyway, on with operation front valance.

iaYNV.jpg

OrZ4Q.jpg

here's the missing inner valance...

Pe5Yr.jpg

7g9Qu.jpg

I really shouldn't have been surprised at the previous repair or the amount of filler really.

Latest posts