rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
After last Sunday's journey home in the dark and rain with a choice of any 1 in 3 of wipers, indicators or lights due to a charging fault. It was electrical fault finding day.
Charging fault sorted after repairing damaged generator light cable and faffing about with those stupid dash lampholders...
Side light fault sorted as well, so on another roll decided to replace sliding door roller and guide block. All done and then dropped sliding door while trying to refit.....

oh f*ck :lol:

You got an electrician it then Wig?

Oh and did the door survive?

Just

creationblue said:
You got an electrician it then Wig?

:tongue0013:

It was caused by some twat ramming loads of celotex into the front panel and straining the connections behind the dash....

creationblue said:
Oh and did the door survive?

Well, the top half is OK. :lol:

It runs freely and shuts properly now, but is absolutely rotten.

Well, there's your problem....

qkxia.jpg

vds3H.jpg

No wonder the sliding door was a bit sticky. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mine came out like that

only problem now is the door slides freely so it keeps closing on me while im half in half out getting in or out it use to just stay were you opened it too :lol: :lol:

At last, got the cooker unit finished.
Fitted some double roller catches to stop the lid flying off, the rear of the unit doesn't touch the seat bulkhead with the removable hinge so can't fit the fixing rail.

N86Wi.jpg

5vmtR.jpg

p7Cxi.jpg

All ready for the Twixmas camp. :D

Well, that was a bit of a let down. Site was small and not "all-weather" pitches as advised.
The levelling chocks sank during the night, and it took the best part of half an hour with the assistance of a Welshman and a seatbelt (don't ask.... :lol: ) to extricate the bus.

W9BuE.jpg

TRlrI.jpg

15HYg.jpg

Didn't bother with the awning as it was so waterlogged, back still hurts, so only stayed the one night and came home for New Year's Eve.
Back to the Tudor Arms this year hopefully.

I've got 175/55/15's on the front now that I fitted the 4.5" wheels, much better ride than the 155's.
Smaller rolling radius though, so the speedo's even further out. :lol:

On a serious note though, the speedo reading over means that the agreed value mileage limit is very close this year. :?

sparkywig said:
I've got 175/55/15's on the front now that I fitted the 4.5" wheels, much better ride than the 155's.
Smaller rolling radius though, so the speedo's even further out. :lol:

On a serious note though, the speedo reading over means that the agreed value mileage limit is very close this year. :?

Cheers Wig, nice bit of offroading there!

rock and roll ! And as a final insult to the camp site a bbq ..................................... on the grass :shock:

:lol: we'll have to meet up for a scrumpy in 2012

Looks very interesting :) looks like were in for a bit of a interior revamp as well was it planed :?:

Latest posts