rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you get the full arch from as i need the same one and not everyong will sell just one if they have pairs...!!!!

Cheers in advance

Simon

Remember this?

after an hour's cleaning

sanded, stripped, rustproofed and a coat of primer

getting some top coat mixed (L345 lichtgrau) and that'll be one job finished. :mrgreen:

will be if I can get the mesh screen that fits behind :roll:

Nice work dooder, glad to see some well hidden rot coming out of the old girl I bet :D

You're not wrong there, easy. Took the os arch off and cut back to solid metal, no wonder they rot out here. Any condensation runs down inside the B pillar and meets up with moisture from in the van and stuff thrown up from the road into the jacking point. Not a good quality picture, but the stuff at the bottom has accumulated since the os sills were last bodged on.

Anyway, ns front 95% finished, filler to be rubbed back, and last coat of primer to stop the rot starting again before I get round to the interior.

T2-Nate said:
Well this is quite the challenge!!

Any mechanical work ahead ?? :mrgreen:

Refurb steering box, and gearbox and linkages with CSP shifter. Keeping 1600 sp for the time being, then after bodywork finished, when funds allow, a nice 2007 with twin 44's. :mrgreen:

Not to much done today, welder not working.

Another topcoat on arch and floor, cleaned ns sill. The paint just flaked off of the primer on the replacement panel.

I just carried on scraping and this is what happened :lol:
Now the top two coats of blue primer and matt black have come off it's a definite improvement on what was there before.

Anyway, back to OS arch. Need to repair OS cab floor before arch gets fitted.

Cut gash repairs off. These have made the floor rot more than if it had been left :x

Another two cutting discs and I'm left with this.

Can you spot the brake pipe I cut with the grinder :oops:

Another pile of scrap. Plate on top is the remainder of the enamelled sign used to repair the NS cab floor.

Next installment, after a couple of weekends where a lot was done, but not much achieved, the os arch is finally on :)

We were a bit worried about structural integrity with all the metal cut out of the front corner, and after a quick dig with a screwdriver, we were right to be worried :lol:

Dormobile owners beware!

All strengthened now the arch is fitted.

Not too impressed with arch cut though, found a load of perforations after cleaning the paint off of the step area. :(
Anyway, just a bit of tidying to do, a lick of filler and some paint. Job done.

Quality Work going on here Dude,I know how you feel,you cure one prob and then another hits you,ill keep me eye on this project :D

Still getting the o/s arch finished underneath.

Was going to have a go at the front panel next, but started taking the paint off and the lower front panel is paper thin.
So bit the bullet and ordered, right then, deep breath............

front panel, lower front panel, lower inner front panel, windscreen inner repair sections, wiper spindle kits, accelerator linkage kit, r/h cargo floor plate, cab door hinge bolts, ignition switch, and fresh air flap pivots.

Have decided that I might call the bus Tetley, you know, 1001 perforations.............. :roll:

Still on a brighter note, eBay came up trumps. Scat bus shifter for a tenner including postage :)
and these for £22.76 :mrgreen:

just to see what they look like.......

Latest posts