rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good so far, some nice welding work there, it seems that every bus undergoing a resto on here at the moment is unbelieveably rotten :roll:

Remember this arch? It seems like I've been working on this forever.....

Had enough today for trying to find decent metal and it looks a right mess with all the patches, so did something I should've done weeks ago

Not going to bother with the profiled panel, just as happy to weld a flat plate in. That'll save all the time buggering about trying to get the bulge right. I'll do the other side at some point.

Anyway, I put my new tall centre caps on today. Not bad for £1.87 each ;)

Inner arch plate on now, just needs tidying and a coat of underseal. Should have done this weeks ago...... :roll:

N/S arch ready for paint

...and front grille ready to fit, just need the mesh now.

sorry about quality of pics

A bit of tidying today, cleared the cab area and under the seat bases. Started tidying the awful high build primer that the po sprayed on.
Quick rub down and mask.

Not to concerned about finish really, as the hatch needs repairing to the lower edge. But looks OK, much better than before. Another can of L345 gone. :)

Throttle linkage decided to part company, so seems a good time to replace with the kit I bought nearly a year ago.
But not as straight forward as I would like. The short link from the pedal to the pivot is too short. :(

So will repair the original one and refit that.

Had a good day today, finished fixing the passenger seat in. Welded a couple of brackets to the seat runners and bolted down to the wheel tub. Will look better when painted.

Finished (at last) welding up the os front wheel arch, just needs a coat of paint now.
Cleaned all the crap out of the cab and cargo area, looks much better for a clean. :)
Phone went flat, so no pics.

Just got to replace the rotten roof and gutter section over the os cab door and an MOT may be on it's way. :D

Another half day today.
Replaced ignition switch and put Scat shifter in. Not bad for a tenner and I can find first gear first time now :D

Scraped some more paint off of the roof, may be able to rescue some og colour.
Prepped arches for topcoat either tomorrow or Friday.

Offside now, do you like the door stop. :lol:

Still need to remove the original driver's seat runners so that I can fit the 924 seat.
Well chuffed with the result today, considering it was done on the waste land in front of my mate's workshop where he parks the cars. :mrgreen:

Spot on that pal,do you want to sell that shifter 8) I'll give you £20 plus p+p :lol:
What!! thats 100% profit :lol: ;).

Finally finished the os front arch today (hoo-f**king-ray), seam and under sealed.

Cargo floor repair

I have a confession to make, I was so chuffed after yesterday and the arches looking good, that I didn't measure twice and cut once..... :oops:
So two plates instead of one.

The weather was so good today, after cutting the grass front and back and doing some work on the garden and veg patch, I decided to strip my opening quarterlights and give them a rub down and coat of paint.

Had a good couple of days on the bus :D

Another half day today, so on with the grinding.
Thought I'd have a go at the small holes in the cargo floor................

No such thing as a small hole though....

I reckon my bus will be at least 20% lighter than when I got it, after cutting all the layers of metal out. Repairs on top of repairs.

Latest posts