rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
I bought it from a chap on vzi, turned up at the right time and price. It has all the original interior and an awning.
It's all Justin's fault.

:lol:

:lol: it's gonna be like a pikey site this show season :!:

Today I made a start on the Rapido's electrics, and have mostly been removing lots of trailing extension leads.

VHBg4.jpg

Nice new cabling.

cWfSM.jpg

3jHVJ.jpg

PWa9t.jpg

As there was a hole in the side already I fitted an external socket,

iAwq6.jpg

and then put another in the storage box for the 3 way fridge.

soAgV.jpg

Just need to fix the cabling back and then locate a Zig unit for the 12V wiring.

I don't think it would have been possible to do this last summer, but hopefully we'll have a heatwave this year.

fp7z8.jpg

;)

sparkywig said:
I don't think it would have been possible to do this last summer, but hopefully we'll have a heatwave this year.

009_zpsd4fd5396.jpg

;)

You and me both 8)

PS you look a hell of a lot different with hair :lol:

Window went back in this morning,

JWT1E.jpg

and then started on the rear corner.

6GHK5.jpg

Didn't take long to remove the corner, filler and fibreglass. The battery tray fell out after a tap with me boot.

CLzkG.jpg

yBoa0.jpg

h07ZW.jpg

SkRJa.jpg

Bit ripe in the chassis leg I think....

Rwfv4.jpg

How many previous coats of paint?

DCp0H.jpg

How much filler? :lol:

BQvr2.jpg

That took a while to remove, made a bit of a mess.

DuELg.jpg

All locked up in the workshop now, with the rear corner resting in place ready for tomorrow. :)

jees Sparky you have no fear, you just hack in and fix it up proper. Wish I was that brave. Aint been on for a couple of months due to laptop issues and you've got loads changed. Its getting like triggers broom, 17 new heads and 14 new handles but still the same broom

You doing Camperjam this year, would like to come have a look at the progress in a year, mine still looks the same :oops: even though the 'to do' list is getting bigger

Keep on keeping on :D

Nugsy said:
jees Sparky you have no fear, you just hack in and fix it up proper. Wish I was that brave. Aint been on for a couple of months due to laptop issues and you've got loads changed. Its getting like triggers broom, 17 new heads and 14 new handles but still the same broom

You doing Camperjam this year, would like to come have a look at the progress in a year, mine still looks the same :oops: even though the 'to do' list is getting bigger

Keep on keeping on :D

MlTgP.jpg

;)

Not at CamperJam this year, fell out with Mears over the additional £10 fee to take a camper to a camper show.

Right then, where were we.

h7KkM.jpg

Needs a bit of fettling to fit properly. Strange that the off-side almost fell into place while this one is being a bit of a bugger.
All fixed, except for a plate on the chassis leg.

D2BE9.jpg

Time to start on the arch then.....

uRTBy.jpg

Grx5E.jpg

4RfMe.jpg

8N24d.jpg

That's all that got accomplished today, time for a clear up.

vMxu4.jpg

Nice piece of sculpture though. Yes, the arch was one piece of filler. :lol:

rYmOK.jpg

JCoye.jpg

gReSy.jpg

Shit Wig. You don't muck around do you? Very nice work as always. Can't beleive the amount of filler. :shock:

You're really getting there now.

aspro said:
Shit Wig. You don't muck around do you? Very nice work as always. Can't beleive the amount of filler. :shock:

You're really getting there now.

^^^ I'll second that :lol: you can change panels in less time time than it takes some to change the oil :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does getting rid of the filler mean you can carry more cider now :msn4:

Latest posts