rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
sparkywig said:
creationblue said:
Alright! Some people are so skilled with filler :roll:

Would've been quicker to cut it out and weld another arch on.

That's no joke either! Imagine the hours putting it on!!

I reckon there was at least £40 of filler on there, Heritage want £25 for an arch..... :lol:

Looking good ,your going to have a nice solid van when it's finished. Many would have given in by now with the amount you've done 8) good work...Dave

Today was spent rebuilding the tub and patching around the corner.
Arch fits though, albeit temporarily so that the bus can be moved out of the workshop.
Need to repair the bottom of the pillar behind the sliding door, fit the arch and weld up a couple of joins inside the engine bay.

Osy4u.jpg

Exposed a dent in the bulge, quite taken with keeping it as a bit of "character". What do you think?

u7KQ8.jpg

Pop the dent out Wig. No point in going to all that effort and leaving a big gash in the side of your bus.

sparkywig said:
I've left the dings in the corner and the front arch cuts though....

Well then I guess one more ain't gonna hurt. ;) Looking good by the way. Love that new welding technique. Do you just skim straight over the duct tape? :lol:

Thanks Des, but it's only metal. ;)

That's how far we got last night.

8dOm0.jpg

H2G8a.jpg

After an hour or so welding the last plates and tub, the seam sealer was applied liberally. :)

qAUPd.jpg

MT7bA.jpg

rJfhD.jpg

Then undersealed.

NbTwY.jpg

;)

And then the wheel was refitted after grinding the springplate stop, releasing the bottom shock mount and deflating the tyre.

hJjB0.jpg

That'll do for tonight, reassembly tomorrow morning, and then home for some filler and paint.

:D

Very nice welds there Wig. Another good day by the looks of it.

Any more rust repairs before Easter? Must be pretty close to sorted now.

No, once I've painted the corner and arch that's it for a few months (Nick breathes a sigh of relief....). Other than getting the rear bumper and towbar to fit, the only other thing to do is fit the SA Rostyles.

The list is diminishing fairly quickly now, sliding door lower repair in and out, paint the roof, fit the cab door, rear hatch, valance and engine lid that are sitting in the garage all painted, engine and gearbox drop, and got a T25 hatch to fit for better engine access.
Oh yes, need to fit a lower hinge on the off-side door pillar as it shuts better with 2.

:lol:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There you go mate, give you something to do :lol:

Latest posts