rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
Marriedblonde said:
Bloody hell, good work that man!

Thats that black and shiny thing in the back of your bus?

J.

It's a 2054.

looks really nice.. whats the spec?
should pull nicely and chuck you back in your seat when needs be !
8)

It's built more for torque than the quarter mile as I'm pulling a trailer/folding caravan.
94mm stroker b & p's
74mm crank
5.5" I beam rods
35.5mm inlet and 32mm exhaust stock heads with slight porting
C-35 cam
cro-moly pushrods, stock rockers, bolt-up shafts and elephant feet adjusters
12lb flywheel with equalizer pulley
26mm oil pump
CSP pressure relief oil pump cover
CSP bellcrank linkage
IDF 40's

Need to sort out carb vent sizes and jetting first, and then wait for the modified 5 rib gearbox to be ready for collection. :)

cool, very similar spec to mine (76x92, c35,drla 40's, 041 heads) although mine is a bit sick at the mo :roll:
should be just what you need for a bus and return good mpg :mrgreen:

sparkywig said:
Need to sort out carb vent sizes and jetting first, and then wait for the modified 5 rib gearbox to be ready for collection. :)

fun times :?
sure i got 32 vents in mine if its any help..
what i need is a taller 4th gear though so wise move there !
bet you cant wait to get it running ?!

sparkywig said:
It's built more for torque than the quarter mile as I'm pulling a trailer/folding caravan.
94mm stroker b & p's
74mm crank
5.5" I beam rods
C-35 cam
26mm oil pump
CSP bellcrank linkage
IDF 40's

That's what you've been building then :D ......very nice. Similar capacity to my build, only with a shorter stroke and bigger B&P's.

Great to see the other corner sorted on you bus as well 8).

Cali_bay said:
sparkywig said:
94mm stroker b & p's
74mm crank
5.5" I beam rods
C-35 cam
26mm oil pump
CSP bellcrank linkage
IDF 40's

That's what you've been building then :D ......very nice. Similar capacity to my build, only with a shorter stroke and bigger B&P's.

Great to see the other corner sorted on you bus as well 8).

Hello Simon, the build was governed by the engine case, what parts that were in the stash and whatever was on offer. :lol:

sparkywig said:
Possibly Karl, but I got the C-35 kit at a very good price.

Yeah don't they do them with cam gears etc thrown in? I've heard there pretty good bits of kit. Engle cams are ground on Scat blanks, so all the lectures the yanks give about you MUST NEVER run an Engle cam with Scat lifters is a load of bollocks ;)

Look foward to seeing & hearing it Si 8)

Couldn't sit around all day and do nothing, so I thought I'd refit the track covers. Wish I hadn't started now. :lol:
Chipped the paint, so out came the wet'n'dry again after a few expletives.

LZ0DE.jpg

6MWjO.jpg

The difference between Tuesday and today is that the paint's not hardening. :roll:

Got the centre caps fitted,

d5Ibm.jpg

and the fronts on. The rears will go on next week after I've adjusted the rear brakes and handbrake.

fhaXD.jpg

There's about 20mm difference in offset between the SAs and the type 3 steels. Probably need to go narrower if I was going lower.

sparkywig said:
Thanks George.
Helen's just asked when I'm fitting the red "noddy" wheels back on, as she prefers them...... :roll:

:lol: what does she know! (Don't tell her I said that :msn4: )

All she did was moan about them when they were on the bus.

"It looks stupid, just like Noddy's car...." :lol:

I'll run the SA's for a while, put some mileage on the tyres and get some red walls done. See what they look like then.
That'll give me time to give the red wheels a bit of a refurb.

sparkywig said:
Thanks George.
Helen's just asked when I'm fitting the red "noddy" wheels back on, as she prefers them...... :roll:
Why not detail your new 'uns in red? Everybody wins 8) :lol:

I think I'll get the mileage on for the red walls Just.
Spent an afternoon working on the Rapido today, ditched the dodgy French 230V wiring to the cupboard light and converted it to 12V 7W led.

ibwjG.jpg

Just need to sort the new seat and bed foam, and then re-fit the curtains all ready for Easter. :)
The Zig unit's packed up now though..... :roll:

Got mine on axle stands tonight ready for some new tyres, will try and get the fridge back in this week then air it out while its dry. We'll get the zig sorted too 8)

Latest posts