rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just gonna fuel your progress then :msn4:
Keep up the good work!

So today was adjustable springplate day, about time really considering they've been in the garage since November.
Hub nuts came off surprisingly easy.

I did use the air gun though. :msn4:

T2D spring plates with Creative Engineering bushes. :?:
Made by Transporterhaus. :lol:

Stuck the banded '67 steels on the rear as well,

but I think I may be a spline out on the nearside.

:lol:

So today was mostly removing and refitting spring plates and fiddling with torsion bars.
Got it nice and level at the rear, but that was because the chassis was resting on the driveshafts. :lol:
In the end I refitted everything back to how it was last night and levelled the rear using the spring plate adjusters.

However, I have a leaky rear wheel brake cylinder, worn linings and no handbrake on the off-side.

:roll:

So this morning was spent on the rear brakes.
Spreader bar welded to see if this would help the handbrake issues.

Didn't make too much difference, adjust the brakes and handbrake only works on near side, adjust the handbrake cables and the off side drum drags with the handbrake off.
Hopefully when I replace the rear wheel cylinder and linings I can sort the handbrake out.
Thanks to Nick, yet again, for the use of workshop and ramp.

Anyway, bus back home 99% mechanically fettled,

and on with the interior.
Upholstery next.

Decided that wrapping the foam around the arm rest makes it too bulky, so back to the way Westfalia did it.

Need some work this week so I can continue with the list of jobs.

wRkGP.jpg

Bumper and towbar to be re-fitted, interior to be fitted.
Need to sort the slider out, clean and paint the hubs/drums, do the gutters and paint it one shade of L345 all over

As it was sunny yesterday progress was made.
The Continental units were stripped, and one good one made from the two.
A new back board fitted, some stopper, sanded and one coat of satin varnish, and the rear bumper was sanded and primed as it looked awful.

Raining today though.

So today was nice and sunny, and the bumper was bolted back on.
Along with the trailer socket and all the engine bay/leisure battery wiring finished and both batteries re-fitted.

Be nice to get out for a drive and stick some more miles on this weekend.

Latest posts