say hello to the Beeglebus.....!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaron, the ali trim is indeed the original, polished with good old Autosol before re-fitting.

The flooring is sold by http://www.madmatz.co.uk. best to pre-order it and collect at a show, the box was pretty heavy! Excellent stuff and went down really easily, highly recommended!

The bus is at Bexley VW at the minute, getting the engine bay all prepped up for the new engine, yippee!! More photos and updates soon guys!

Carole :wink:

Doing a superb job there Carole. Floor looks great. Just seen Madmatz at Volkswagen Extravaganza in Oswestry. took some samples in light green and cream, am probrably going to put some in mine. look real quality.
keep the pics coming !

Thanks Chris!

The bus has been in the garage for over 2 weeks now.... :cry: :cry:

It's gone in for a new engine to be fitted but the carbs are stuck in customs, so it could be another week or so yet, it's driving me mad!!

And i can't bring him home as the old engine has already been removed :roll:

AND....the sun has been out for days, perfect bus weather..... :evil: :evil:

So I'm not a happy camper at the minute.....hopefully more piccies in a week or so, fingers crossed!

Carole just got my samples from Madmatz thanks for the help, they are looking real real nice think i'll pop over there and get them next week... :D

Wedgewood and Ivory 8)

Hi Carole,

Your van looks great and a credit to you, especially the attention to detail on the interior.

Mike

Thanks for that Kempy..... 8)

Anyway the van is now back home at last, and look, an engine.....!!

Hurrah hurrah, I might actually be able to drive it again next week!

DSCN2705.jpg

looking very nice so far.....for those who would like to know here's the technical stuff...

1776cc
009 dizzy
Twin Empi Kadron 40's
SCAT counterweight 69mm crankshaft
VW flywheel 8 doweled
VW 311 con rods
SCAT c35 camshaft
SCAT cam followers
heavy duty 26mm oil pump
mahle 90.5mm forged pistons
VW heads and valves

etc etc....oh and 4 into 1 ceramic bugpack header and muffler to go on too.

all built from scratch by Rich Morena, and he's fitting it this weekend for me, what a great bloke! Highly recommended by the way......

We're off camping with the kids for a couple of days so hopefully the next photos will be of the engine all in and running early next week.

then at last I can get the interior finished, the deadline is Brighton Breeze....fingers crossed!

Carole

Just read this whole thread through. Got to admit the interior work you've done is top notch. It's inspired me to get out there for the rest of the day and continue with ours. 8)

Engine looks sweet too. Rich is a good bloke from all the reports I've heard, and the quality of his engines are superb.

8)

Thanks Jabbo..... 8)

I must admit I was getting a bit fedup with it all but seeing that lovely new engine on the drive has cheered me up no end......now I'm really looking forward to getting it all finished and back on the road where it should be!

Have fun in the sun with your bus today, lets hope we have this great weather for Vanfest!

Carole

that engine looks top notch, i was talking/emailing Richard a few weeks ago and hoping he'll build/fit me an engine too.

your van is gonna be really sweet.

yeah i contacted him off the back of your post :)

just waiting on welding/painting first.

nearly there....just the oil breather kit to be fitted, along with some guages.

In case you're wondering one of the carbs is missing as the carb manifold need a breather attached to it for the servo.

looking good though.... 8)

DSCN2729.jpg

whilst Richard was getting on with the engine I thought I'd make myself useful....... so started fitting the Wolfsburg floor mats for the cab, conveniently left by the previous owner in the wardrobe...... :roll:

put the front seat belts in as well whilst I was there...

DSCN2743.jpg

beginning to see the end of the tunnel now...

Carole 8) 8)

It's in and running!

Yippee!

DSCN2757.jpg

obviously it's all new and so needs running in, so taking it very easy so far. That said, it is a great drive, really pulls well, what a difference!

Sounds great too.....the Mondo exhaust has been lent to me temporarily by Cool Air until the towbar clearance issue is sorted, so not sure if that's staying or not yet.

A massive Thankyou to Richard Morena for all his hard work with this one, he really is a great guy, who knows his stuff. Nothing is too much trouble, I can't recommend him enough. Respect, Rich, Thankyou.....

8) 8) 8) 8)

For anyone that may be interested, Rich has all the parts to make another engine up with the same spec as this one, see the For Sale section for details.....

Carole

Well, Brighton Breeze is but one week away so time to get a wiggle on.....bought loads of bits at Vanfest but been busy putting in the miles to run the new engine in so not had much time for anything else, but did some bits today...

put the new floor edging trim in:

DSCN2857.jpg

DSCN2858.jpg

finishes that off nicely!

rock n roll bed cushions re-upholstered and fitted in, along with a 3-point and a lap belt (not seen in the photo as tucked under the bed) in the back for the small people.... :roll:

DSCN2859.jpg

And then put the new door cards in the front cab. I used replacement cards from JK, and recovered them in the same vinyl used in the rear. The cards were painted on the back with kitchen and bathroom paint to help repell any moisture, and I used a layer of the thin foam used under laminate flooring in between the vinyl and the card. I then used stainless screws and cup washers to fix the cards to the doors.

On the shopping list is a set of chrome lock surrounds to match the Empi door pulls, job done!

DSCN2861.jpg

new sunvisors and cab floor carpet in as well, can't replace the kick panels until I've painted the replacement central air vent in savannah beige. The original one had a huge hole in the back kindly (!) cut out by the po, but I managed to get another one at Vanfest so that's a job for next week sometime.

fitting a new single pack exhaust tomorrow as the Mondo is too big to fit a towbar, out with the sewing machine at some point to make the curtains in time for Brighton, oh and at some point a good wash and polish will be in order!

Hopefully some more photos in the week with the front cab nearly done and curtains in!

Carole

Latest posts