say hello to the Beeglebus.....!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks J&M....most kind...!

The edging strip is the original trim. I painted it with Hammerite satin black paint just to smarten it up a bit. You have to use hammerite primer though as normal hammerite won't 'stick' to aluminium.... :wink:

Carole

carole said:
Thanks J&M....most kind...!

The edging strip is the original trim. I painted it with Hammerite satin black paint just to smarten it up a bit. You have to use hammerite primer though as normal hammerite won't 'stick' to aluminium.... :wink:

Carole

The black strip does look great - bit it was the cargo door strip (silver) I meant!!! It looks like a really neat finish...

;)

whoops.... :oops: !!

apologies...it's been a long day.....

the silver trim for the floor (!) came from http://www.madmatz.co.uk, £10 a strip. They do it in 2 depths, so depending on the depth of your floor, you can get one to fit properly. Mine was the 8mm depth one. Self adhesive, so no screws, just needed a bit trimming off the length to fit, easy peasy and looks the biz!

Picked it up at Vanfest..... 8)

Carole

carole said:
whoops.... :oops: !!

apologies...it's been a long day.....

the silver trim for the floor (!) came from http://www.madmatz.co.uk, £10 a strip. They do it in 2 depths, so depending on the depth of your floor, you can get one to fit properly. Mine was the 8mm depth one. Self adhesive, so no screws, just needed a bit trimming off the length to fit, easy peasy and looks the biz!

Picked it up at Vanfest..... 8)

Carole

Thanks Carole - can't get the link to work at the mo' - I'll try tomorrow!

;)

Yep - does look good with the flooring. :D
One very nice van interior so wel done 8)

Hey Carole, just gone back through & read the whole thread again. Absolutely brilliant job you've done & probably the best inspiration to get mine sorted.

Thanks & enjoy. :lol:

Hi Carole van is looking cool , Hope to check it out at The Breeze next weekend 8)

Can I add my name to the list of admirers? Great work Carole. Yours included, there are so many great looking rides on this forum. My only regret is that living where I do and rarely venturing down south to any of the meets/shows I don't get the opportunity to see them in the flesh.

aaaw...thanks guys.... :oops: :oops: :roll:

the positive comments from you all are really appreciated, thankyou.

i just 'do' my buses for me really, I've learned something new with each one i've owned and so this one for me (No 6.....!) is a very special one, as it is most certainly a keeper, i simply don't have the time or cash to keep doing them any more, and this one ticks all the boxes for me.

i've really enjoyed looking after 'Beeglebus', and (hopefully) restoring him to his former glory, but there is so much more i want to do, and a few bits i need to do... :roll:

all buses are just an ongoing project, that's what makes them so enjoyable to own, as they almost become a part of you, they are certainly not just a 'regular car' (heaven forbid...), and besides i've made some great friends along the way, which is an added bonus!

i'm delighted that you guys and girls have enjoyed reading the thread, and that it's not too dull....more piccies in the week!

Carole 8) 8)

well today I thought I'd better get on with the front cab, so put the new kick panels in, and generally gave it all a good clean.

kept putting off the steering wheel change, but in the end had no other jobs to do so figured I'd might as well bite the bullet.... so I prised off the horn button, put the socket on and braced myself......

and nearly fell out the cab door as the steering wheel nut was only on finger tight... :shock:

thankfully none of the neighbours were watching so I composed myself and took a deep breath before attempting to take the wheel right off.....

left the nut just on so as to prevent a broken nose..........just as well really as 2 light taps later with a rubber mallet and it was off. Blimey!
Last time I took a wheel off it took all morning and the air was navy by the time I eventually finished....and I vowed 'never again'....

Anyways, here we are with the new wheel all in nicely!

DSCN2866.jpg

The first thing I noticed was the indicator stalk being slightly proud of the wheel itself, so I'll run around in it for a bit and see how it goes.

still loads of odds and sods to do but enough to take it to Brighton at the weekend, can't wait!

Thanks J&M..... :wink:

I bought the wheel at Vanfest from Midland Wheels, of all people....£95 including the polished boss, which I didn't think was too bad. They make them themselves, apparently a new line that they're now doing.

The wheel itself is 15" across, so about an inch all round smaller than the stock wheel. On a quick wizz round the block earlier it wasn't actually as bad as I thought it might be, even on a 3-point turn (!), so that's good. It does obscure the top half of the dials though.

we shall see.......

Carole

hi carole,unreal job on the bus :D im sitting on my pc with my arm in a sling after shoulder surgery,and cant do nothing for six weeks
and all i want to do is hit my van interior !!!!!!!! cant wait to get out to it.been a rel pleasure watching the thread.shame ill never see it in the flesh..great job mate .. 8)

Thanks guys.... :oops:

And nz71delux, I hope your shoulder is better..... :roll:

Some of you may have seen the BANG windscreen thread.....

_1CL0006.jpg

A very weary tale but I used the opportunity of a screen-less van to replace the top of the dash with a colour-coded one that I've had in the garage for ages. Bit of a pig to fit but got there in the end:

_1CL0103.jpg

Auotoglass have fitted the new laminated screen today but i'm not happy with the fit.... :cry:

So after chatting to slammedkustom and picking his brains for advice (thankyou very much.... :wink: :wink: ) I've contacted Autoglass who have agreed to pop the screen back out again and refit it with a different seal. I'll post some piccies tomorrow of how it looks at the moment.

If it stays dry tomorrow the plan is to Waxoyl the underside (what a great job, I can't wait...). The curtains are now in and the front cab is almost done so I'll post some more piccies of progress tomorrow.

Cheers all.....

Carole

Hi Carole vans cool mate , any more jobs done ???

Just wanna pick your brains re , your kick panels did you make em yourself ? If so what did you make em out of . Thanks flower :wink:

Yay Grazy.... :wink:

I bought the kick panels at Vanfest £20 the pair, they're made out of plastic, which makes 'em nice and bendy.

Dubfreeze not far off if you can wait, if not PM me and I'll get some in stock for you.....

C :wink:

Carole Ill have a pair off you if you can get LHD and Ill be going to dubfreeze....

Are they the lether textured plastic or a smooth version? not that it matters as ill be covering them..