say hello to the Beeglebus.....!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments guys..... :lol: :lol:

Loads to do yet......alarm/immobiliser goes in next week (whilst all the interior is out), just ordered some 5x5 ft birch ply for the new headlining, I'm still polishing the Westy windows (don't even go there........horrible job.....my nails are ruined.......!!)

waiting for the new cab seat covers from J&S, and new vinyl and foam to re-upholster the rear, got the new flooring ready to go in, along with all the insulation and bubble wrap for the interior panels.....

rims and bumpers to be painted in the same white as the roof, top of dash to be colour coded in the beige, new shocks all round, quick engine tune up just to keep me going until the new engine is built.... :wink:

happy days......... :lol:

'Easy', am I right in thinking you sold your 15 window split to buy your EB?

cheers all,

Carole

"Straight into the paintshop" no rust nothing!... you lucky Bugger! :p

I wish i was you!, cant wait to see the final product..

Hey hey carole, no, luckily i didnt have to sell anything to get me van. Nearly bought a samba instead tho :shock: glad i didnt tho to many windows to keep clean :wink:

apologies Easy, mistaken identity!!

just been to see the bus.....all the glass in except the westy windows (still polishing..... :roll:)

lights and shiny stuff going on, looking good........ :D

rims and bumpers being painted tomorrow.....

and yes Johnny, I am very lucky to have a (virtually) zero rust bus, but trust me I've had my share of uk rust bucket vans in the past...... :evil:

the only other rust free bus I've ever had was my 63 split, and that was an italian import, not a uk one. was a lovely one too :cry: :cry:

but you can't have it all......as lovely as it was I have to say I wouldn't swap my EB for it back.....

cheers all, carole

Back Home.......... :D :D :D :D

DSCN2324.jpg

DSCN2323.jpg

DSCN2322.jpg

and now on with the interior.....happy days!

carole

Carole, That's looking fantastic! You must be really pleased, any plans yet for the interior? Also, is it staying stock height or are you going to hit it with the lowering stick?

8)

;)

Hiya Justin and Mutley.......

thankyou for the kind comments...and yes, I am really pleased with it, it's my best bus so far!

It has already been lowered one spline at the back and had adjustors fitted on the front and now about 3" lower......until the interior goes in then I'm going to leave it as it is as it will probably sink a bit more....... :D

you can't beat a lowered van IMO...

the interior is the original early westy one which has had a thorough clean and so will be going back in. The only change being all new foam and vinyl upholstery. Cream vinyl in the back with deep red and cream cab seats, and a new red and cream chequered floor.

The interior is littered all over the house at the moment! been busy cutting out the new ply headlining today ready for varnishing and fitting at the weekend hopefully. Not really looking forward to that job but that has to be done first really....

I'll post some more piccies up as I go :wink: :wink:

well on with the headlining......

first up some pieces of roof felt just as a bit of sound deadening......

DSCN2342.jpg

then in with the foil bubble wrap....

DSCN2343.jpg

and then finally in with the new ply headlining....

DSCN2344.jpg

DSCN2345.jpg

really pleased with the way it all went in, a good morning's work!!

:D :D :D

Latest posts