Sneak Preview 69

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just fitted the delux handles and winders, just a little feature, but it all adds to the illusion.

DSC00002-1.jpg

(Sorry Steve, I just saw your reply. Cheers and yes the interior is the same as yours, I think Tims is from a 71....not sure)

Wow this forums busy!!! My ghia thread on the samba is only 3 pages long!!! :?

Van is looking Awesome Jon! Loving all the deluxe bits and pieces! I'm bidding on another cypress plate frame if you are interested!! Not sure what condition is like yet though!

Keep up the good work! 8)

faux said:
Just fitted the delux handles and winders, just a little feature, but it all adds to the illusion.

DSC00002-1.jpg

(Sorry Steve, I just saw your reply. Cheers and yes the interior is the same as yours, I think Tims is from a 71....not sure)

I got all this door furniture in my panel van , and a chrome sliding door carrier , and i just put a grill trim on 8)
Looks good John , keep us updated :wink:

Monkeyspinner Tim said:
mines a 69 interior...

As usual, I'm wrong again! :oops: Sorry Tim

What year did the interior change from a high cooler, small draw and stainless inset bowl to the lower cooler, flip down storage and preformed sink with drainer??

Here is a pick of the unit out of my (bro's and dads too) 71:
DSC00825.jpg

And 2 out of my 69: (Rubbish pics but the only one I could find)
15.jpg

DSC00830.jpg

i think it was probably 69 inline with the 70 year model coming out in August. that is somewhat of a guess but a slightly educated one :lol:

Cheers Tim, so because my bus is an April 69 it has an earlier interior?

The same reason it has an early (split pattern) beam and early splines on the rear.

Sorry Paul....your Ghia is awesome :lol: !

You should all have a look....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254162

I also managed to give the bus a good clean and wax....protect against the British Weather:
DSC00014-1.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

And a little (10 minute) clean of the engine bay:
DSC00017-1.jpg

Looking good Jon, soo you going to get her resprayed or keep her OG paint? Personally i think she looks great as is 8)

dubberdaz said:
Looking good Jon, soo you going to get her resprayed or keep her OG paint? Personally i think she looks great as is 8)

Agree! Does look nice as is :D

Cheers Daz.

Due to the front end being a bit too stone chipped I may go for the full resprey, it isn't og paint and it wasn't done that well. I love it the way it is though, plenty of charm. 8) but one day....I would like it to shine like yours. :lol:

Well I have managed to put a little time into my bay....(the Texan 71 is a priority at the moment)

I want to get my bus ready for some comfy camping, propex heater, 12v and 240v electrics etc....but I want it well hidden without cutting the OG interior, here it is so far:

Now you see it...
DSC00862.jpg

Now you don't...
DSC00861.jpg

Cheers J&M - The electrics panel was recomended by Dubberdaz, I got it from a local Caravan Shop (£100). Not sure how it works yet.... :D

Thanks to Frank I managed to get an OG filler cap to finish off my missing parts list.

DSC00886.jpg

A little more wiring.....

DSC00885.jpg

240v........(Cheers Daz)

DSC00887.jpg

And what was Matt doing whilst daddy was working out in the cold?......Kicking back infront of the box........."More!!!!"
:D
DSC00874.jpg

Nice one Jon. I just got an OG filler cap from Frank too..

..and an OG US spec westy interior light :)

Cheers Steve

Thanks for the info! Frank seems to be a pretty good source of westy stuff!

Did you get the overiders in the end? Have you got the early parcel shelf with your interior? I have one for sale if you need one.

Nice job there Jon, i like the hidden electrics idea :wink: I too need one of them filler caps as mine as destroyed by one of the kids! :twisted:

Will see Frank at dubfreeze...if he has any left over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts