Squeaky rear end!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerporsche

Reaction score
As said above the rear end of the bus has developed a really annoying squeak!
It sounds as if it's comming from the torsion bar ends, I've had the covers off an greased the rubber grommets on both sides of the bus but it comes back after a few trips out!
Any ideas chap? Maybe the inner rubbers? Is their anything else I should use instead of grease?

Cheers for any help in addvance
Wilf

Try squirting some wd40 or similar silicone (not oil) onto the shock absorber bushes top and bottom.

As for your torsion bushes - never use any oil or grease on any rubber components.

I always refit the torsion bushes using lots of talc - oil and grease do nasty things to the rubber.

Have you got adjustable spring plates on the rear?

Mine creaks like an old door hinge when loaded. I have been told that its the two plates rubbing together.

when they compress, the two sections rub and that its the squeaking noise.

WD40 might help for a while, but think they need to come off and be greased or slightly reshaped.

Hey Wilf

Hows things hope your well your bus looked awesome in the mag the other week well done! The rear end squeak is something we have come across a few times we find that new replacement ones squeak a bit worse than good OG ones we try to use OG if they are in good condition but not sure what your bus had as its a while back.

I like to give them a spray of rubber grease or remove and rubber grease if you have no spray. Best not to use petrolium or lithium based grease as it attacks rubber.

Give us a call if you want and we can run through a few fixes.

Speak soon

Latest posts