Vanfest 08 - Updated Sept 3rd 2008 - Ticket Dispatch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Being a bit previous, like ....

Ive requested a club camping information pack for Early Bay this year. As you know its all pre booking anyway, and its club camping only on the 'main site' as I understand it.

Too early for info yet, or any list making, but just to let you know that hopefully those of us who arent in other clubs with pitches can be catered for.
There 'may' be the need for a whip round to cover the insurance thing, or the affiliation to the ABVWC, but we'll see.
We may also need to limit attendees to those with a minimum posting total, but again, we'll see.

Cheers, Mike

Mike

I've looked into joining for the sake of the insurance etc. I've been told that annual membership for a club of around 20 members will be £16. Membership goes from April to April as well, so I'm waiting until then.

Shane

Clem said:

Ive requested a club camping information pack for Early Bay this year. As you know its all pre booking anyway, and its club camping only on the 'main site' as I understand it.

Too early for info yet, or any list making, but just to let you know that hopefully those of us who arent in other clubs with pitches can be catered for.
There 'may' be the need for a whip round to cover the insurance thing, or the affiliation to the ABVWC, but we'll see.
We may also need to limit attendees to those with a minimum posting total, but again, we'll see.

Cheers, Mike

Mike, if I may correct you. It isn't only club camping on the "main site". general camping and disabled camping is also on "main site" as well as "overflow" areas.
I am limiting the number of clubs to a total of 40 this year as clubs have grown in size and I can't now accomodate clubs entering 2 and 3 vehicles. We will be having large contingents of clubs from Germany (Bulli and the T4forum.de) (Bulli is the largest VW club in Germany), and Sweden (Type 2 Klubben) as well as members of my club, (South Florida Gold Coast VW Club) who will hopefully bring over a very nice streeetch camper which has 2 air condition units in it. I had the pleasure of being driven around Miami in this beautiful vehicle in 2006 when I was a guest of the club president at his home in Fort Lauderdale.

8) 8) 8)

I'm planning to attend this show, I'm coming from San Diego, CA, please help, what is this insurance gimmick I hear about? Do I have to join a club to avoid it? any info will help , thanks.
Juan.

ib-bus said:
I'm planning to attend this show, I'm coming from San Diego, CA, please help, what is this insurance gimmick I hear about? Do I have to join a club to avoid it? any info will help , thanks.
Juan.

If you email me on my address below I can deal with you direct as I deal with both forms of ticketing.

Martha said:
Clem said:

Cheers, Mike

Mike, if I may correct you. It isn't only club camping on the "main site". general camping and disabled camping is also on "main site" as well as "overflow" areas.
I am limiting the number of clubs to a total of 40 this year as clubs have grown in size and I can't now accomodate clubs entering 2 and 3 vehicles. We will be having large contingents of clubs from Germany (Bulli and the T4forum.de) (Bulli is the largest VW club in Germany), and Sweden (Type 2 Klubben) as well as members of my club, (South Florida Gold Coast VW Club) who will hopefully bring over a very nice streeetch camper which has 2 air condition units in it. I had the pleasure of being driven around Miami in this beautiful vehicle in 2006 when I was a guest of the club president at his home in Fort Lauderdale.

8) 8) 8)

Cheers Dave :)

I guess what I mean is, it'd be cool to have us together on the main site without the risk of us being scattered far and wide.

:)

ib bus - Youll be welcome to join us. Keep an eye on this site for more info.

Shane - cheers dude.

..and Im obviously keen to have an EarlyBay pitch this year - let me know what we need to do Dave ... (or Clem)

I'll send Clem a camping pack as soon as I've produced them. You deal direct with him. :D

Just out of interest my bus is second from the right in the Brighton line up (above, Blue and White) 8) 8)

I read that the packs would be sent out imminently, so will post up when I know whats what. I think tickets go on sale tomorrow?

There are some things to consider, however, such as the joining fee to ABVWC to ensure we have PLI, and also how to regulate applications to avoid being used for random camping applications.

I would suggest at this point for starters that to camp on the 'patch' you should have a minimum number of posts on here, and you can 'sponsor' a maximum amount of guests (with vans). I will also ask that we are strictly early bay window camping only.

Ill know more when the info comes though, but I welcome your thoughts. :)

Re my previous post - I welcome suggestions on this, what does everyone think? Im not setting any rules here, its not my place to, Im open to suggestions.

Latest posts