Wahooooo!! We've done it again...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE LAST PANZER

Reaction score
After a really shite year in 2009, we're finally back having risen from the ashes (literally), with "Phoenix", our new '71 deluxe 9-seater microbus!!!

Here he is when we picked him up yesterday:

100_1185.jpg

100_1190.jpg

100_1191.jpg

100_1193.jpg

Had a good look round it today:

I was so excited!!
100_1213-1.jpg

Clean, tidy dash
100_1197.jpg

Rear
100_1199.jpg

Mint headliner
100_1200.jpg

Double seat up front
100_1201.jpg

Tidy full bulkhead
100_1206.jpg

Sliding door
100_1207.jpg

Tight opening vents
transport71401-1.jpg

Under the dash is like new
100_1204.jpg

It needs a couple of little bits tidying up - battery tray and a dent in the roof and gutter (looks like something has fallen on it at some point) before we can get it ready for a UK MOT. Although the front has a layer of filler on it, it's not rotten, just had a slight knock and it's been smoothed with filler, so going to get that sorted properly too.

Other than that, it's extremely solid and mostly original and we're just bursting with excitement to get it on the road before the summer!!!

Hope to meet some of you at some shows this year!!

James & Rach
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RIP "Scorch" 1972-2009
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9921&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THE LAST PANZER said:
After a really shite year in 2009, we're finally back having risen from the ashes (literally), with "Phoenix", our new '71 deluxe 9-seater microbus!!!

Here he is when we picked him up yesterday:

100_1191.jpg

congrats dude

jack black pickin it up, also the first electric bay lookin at this pic :lol:

plus another non walkthru like mine 8)

ICECREAM MAN said:
Cool bus,same year and colour as mine.Also in sheffield mate

Cool maybe see you around sometime, i think you live near my sister in law they have a yellow bug under wraps that they are restoring, brother in law used to have a silver mk1 golf. Cheers :)

AxlFoley said:
nice bus, how come you managed to get jack black to help you pick it up?
100_1190.jpg

Yes i have been blessed with the looks of a short, fat, funny man. This is me out last night any guesses who it looks like....................................? :lol:

131106019.jpg

Really pleased for you James, looks really cool(love the colour). Your compressor is looking good in my sons new bodyshop.
Stuart

stuartrx7 said:
Really pleased for you James, looks really cool(love the colour). Your compressor is looking good in my sons new bodyshop.
Stuart

Good to hear from you fella, hope all goes well with your sons new shop. Its took us a while but we've come out fighting with a cool bus :D

Congrats Jim your back in the club.

Met you when i had the uncut dash from you, and been keeping track of how you were gettin on in your quest, shame he notch had t go but needs must.

Your back on the road before me :)

Really good to see you guys back on the road Jim .. :D

.. You can hear how stoked you are in your posts!

Well done for holding in there guys .. when so many of us would have crumbled!

:anim_19:

Hilly

Nugsy said:
Congrats Jim your back in the club.

Met you when i had the uncut dash from you, and been keeping track of how you were gettin on in your quest, shame he notch had t go but needs must.

Your back on the road before me :)

Hiya mate hope the dash did the job for you, in terms of been on the road before you i'm not to sure about that as it does need a bit of work for the MOT and we are totally clearded out of all funds after buying it............but so what we have a cool bus to tinker with while we're ready for the road :D

Maybe see you at some shows very soon :D

Latest posts