Westfalia Trailer, before and after...........

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be good Marcher.

Some photos of the hinges would be nice as well please.

Thanks,

Si

no worries si i will sort some photos out in the morning. I know clyde is on some gallivent over to the "mother land" at the moment :lol: , so i can take pics of what you need.

no????? i found it tucked away in a garage, a nice old lady had it for over 20 years. It not been used for 4 years :shock: :shock:

marcher said:
no????? i found it tucked away in a garage, a nice old lady had it for over 20 years. It not been used for 4 years :shock: :shock:

Sorry, I was asking Clyde. :D

afternoon si,

Taken some photos of the lock/hinges etc that you requested. They may not be that clear as the trailer is in bits at the bottom of my shed :oops: :cry: and i cant get to it very easy due to the sh*t weather.
Will post you more if you need them once it stops raining! :evil: :evil: :evil:

PC130060.jpg

PC130061.jpg

PC130062.jpg

PC130063.jpg

PC130064-1.jpg

PC130065.jpg

PC130066.jpg

i hope that they help. the trailer is standing on it's end :? :lol:

Thats great thanks. Shows the design clearly.

Would you be able to get me some dimesions for the U-brackets and the tongues (i.e. widths, thicknesses, hole positions and lengths), also size and thickness of lid angle and overall length and width. No rush.

Do you know if you can by the rack brackets anyware, I assume the rods are just ali or stainless tubes?

If you need any pop rivets for it let me know?

Many thanks,

Si

no worrie si, will get them for you tomorrow.

can you please let me know, are you using a standard exhuast on your bus.
we are (clyde and me) still trying to find a sports exhuast that will fit with a tow bar :? :? :?

Hi Marcher,

I've done a CAD drawing to save you having to do a sketch. Been rushed off my feet at work :lol:

pivot.jpg

Managed also to get hold of some brackets for the top rack. :)

Cheers,

Si

WOW, you have been a busy boy :shock: :shock: i will try and get you the dimesions tomorrow, do you want them in mm???

clyde said:
Cali Bay, thanks for the offer but ive just ordered some from flea bay. Ive got a correct roof rack which i tracked down off a guy in Manchester (another long story) will get you all the measurements and photos you need after the weekend mate.
I didnt keep the original clasp/lock as it didnt have a key so ive just bought a replacement from the local trailer shop.
i knew i should have kept hold of that rack...! glad to know its gone to a good home didnt know it was you who had it off me.... picking up a westy caravan 310/4 in mid jan needs work...! but got it cheap so will see what is like when i see it as i bought it from photos.... if anybody is interested in a trailer(westy) i can get my hands on one end of jan dont know how much yet as i havnt seen the condition of it but if anybody is interested drop me a line.... paul

Hi si, i'm so very sorry about the delay :oops: :oops: in getting you the dimesions. hope these help,

U bracket.
PC130061.jpg

width 16mm,thickness 3mm, Lenght 36mm

Lid
P1000154.jpg

Width 94mm,lenght 124mm

Lid tonge
PC130063.jpg

Width 19,thickness 3mm,lenght 65mm

you can see why it took a while :roll: :cry: I sooooooo need a garage.
P1000156.jpg

:D Many thanks Marcher, looks like a bit of a mare to get to it. :shock:

I can now begin my lid project.

I'm guessing the angle for the lid is about 35x35x3mm judging by the rack pillars marks (pillar bases approx 28mm dia).

Cheers,

Si

really enjoyed reading this, just bought one myself.

517679.jpg

Does any one have pics / drawings of the spare wheel holder? Or pics / drawings of the rack thats sits on the lid? Or know where I can get a lock for the lid?

cheers
Rich

Latest posts