What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
baz1875 said:
I sat in the house praying the ridiculous wind and rain wouldn't blow the bus off its axle stands while desperately searching for a garage/storage to rent as I'm sick of struggling to get jobs done

Today baz is the first day since I broke up from work that it hasnt been raining!!! Gets ya down dude. :(
If I lived closer id be on it wid ya! ;) ......chin up son!

myvanway 69 said:
baz1875 said:
I sat in the house praying the ridiculous wind and rain wouldn't blow the bus off its axle stands while desperately searching for a garage/storage to rent as I'm sick of struggling to get jobs done

Today baz is the first day since I broke up from work that it hasnt been raining!!! Gets ya down dude. :(
If I lived closer id be on it wid ya! ;) ......chin up son!

Cheers mucka .... It's the lack of a decent sized garage that's the problem...I've got to meet up with ya soon to drop the cb off

Today I fitted front heater tube pipe, sorted out the illumination on my clocks, and checked my speedo to discover that the cable has broken .....grrr! New one on order from JK. Loving my new toy :D

Today I put it on the trailer and brought it home :D
Then I gave it a bath, plugged a vac. leak, set the choke, and talked nice to it. Tommorrow I go to the courthouse and make it all legal.

Fitted new bushes to the rear gear link cage and also an Empi quickshift kit to the gear stick. Made a big difference, no longer stirring a bowel of custard. Now to save up for a proper gear stick (bugtech), but that can wait for next winter I think.

Tomorrow will be clearing out the van and starting the prep work for a full spray..

I went and visited my bus today, at its winter 'digs'.
I started it up, and wished it a Happy New Year! :mrgreen:

Happy New Year everyone! :D

Today I will be priming my tinware, ready for some nice gloss black paint :mrgreen: and cleaning the dynamo stand and inlet manifold.

HAPPY NEW YEAR :D

We are planning to take Razzle out for a run today & go to the The Brooklands Museum for the New Years Day gathering

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/events/details/new-years-day-gathering2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However we're still in our pyjamas & John is still in bed asleep :shock: :?:

But the sun is shining & its only an hour away, so lets see if we can get going :msn4: ;)

well today is the first day it hasn't rain, so uncovered van fitted a new water pump (ultra quiet) to sink, rear mud flaps and then went for a nice long drive to blow the cob webs of

gave my remade seats a try out with a 80mile round trip for a new years day BBQ with the MVT

2012-12-30125949.jpg

DSC03384_zpsf953dc37.jpg

DSC03383_zpsa75d3e0a.jpg

i gave the bus a Wash and then
We took a drive in the Surrey hills.
Newlands corner and Box Hill were rammed. lots of people walking off their Christmas dinners.
IMG_4954_zps807af32c.jpg

Firstly Happy New Year everyone, today i fitted my MCJ billet alloy westy window knobs[best vdub pressie this christmas] they look so 8). I use my bus all year no matter what the weather and i am now looking at propex heating. Not cheap are they!

BARKING MARK said:
Firstly Happy New Year everyone, today i fitted my MCJ billet alloy westy window knobs[best vdub pressie this christmas] they look so 8).

just looked at them dude! They look great! so much so, i just had to purchase a pair! courtesy of my Christmas money off the girlfriend. she will be ecstatic....not! :-?

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Worked in the garage today, started it, moved it over so I could build a work bench to start the project engine on, and thought how better it looked nice and dry (if a bit dusty) in its first winter in the garage as it was pi££ing it down outside usually looking sorry for its self outside :D

Nice day so took the cover off air'd out and started her up, fired up first time which was nice, left on tick-over for half hour while working on daily motor, covered back over and will wait now till weather finally picks up to work on it

Stripped out the rear bed and cupboards. Trial fitted the wardrobe and looked at how to mount up the buddy seat. Removed the floor to look for rust..

Made some J-Channelesq supports for the headlining and made up some supports. Ordered some bits and bobs for the van too.

Cannot wait to get the new Westy interior in, even if it is a bodge.

Hi Foz
you wont be disappointed with the westy louvre window knobs,but be warned once you start to bling you cant stop. I also recommend the MCJ billet door pulls,handbrake handles,sliding door handle and 56deluxe heavy front door window winders. Yes i have them all and no money in the bank...DOH! :oops: But hey you cant take it with you.Who wants to be the richest man in the graveyard :lol:

Latest posts