what else are you doing up

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodge6x6

Reaction score
hi all
my partner wanted a folding bike for shows, camping and the like so got hold of a wreck from a s/hand shop so doing this up at work at the mo

2012-03-21152349.jpg

then picked a realy nice one up cheep on ebay so got two to play with now, though might not touch the second one as its so good.

just wondered what everyone else was playing with when not working on there bus

cheers Peter

Umm now you come to mention it ive got the odd thing or two on the go

Hazet Assistant trolley, blasted and awaiting paint and sorting.

img-20120116-00152-2.jpg

LAMA trailer, awaiting some parts from France and then its strip down and off to the blasters.

30032012220.jpg

Yamaha Chappy Monkey Bike, all stripped and ready for final touchs (electrics and setting up and topping up ready) need to finish this THIS WEEK..............

4Chappy.jpg

Before

70Frame.jpg

Now

Oh and my 1966 Lambretta SX150 which apart from a rebuild/rebore to 185 and alittle preventative maintenance is my daily bike at the moment so cant start anything on it till the Monkeys finished.

P1080626.jpg

So pretty quite around these parts. Note to self, keep eye out for a little something to fill my time with.

I'm doing a 1979 Honda Superdream at the mo', just por15 painted the frame, gonna chassis black it and start reassembling it soon, watch it grind to a halt when my bus arrives though :)

I'm a sucker for old bits and bobs lol :lol: got my six year old a raleigh budgie to play on, also a 50's/60's tri-ang "thunder" pedal car which I've blasted, primed and just waiting to be sprayed then I can put it back together, but I've just dug out my old Tilley lamp for when I was a kid polished it up and it's ready for the new season :D

march_2026.jpg

Before

march_2040.jpg

After

Best thing is no flat batteries :lol:

Did this up a few years back

DSC02382.jpg

Recently did a Raleigh Budgie for my son, though he's only 15 months old so it'll be a while before he gets to ride it!

Currently doing a Tamiya Super Champ and have a Mk2 Raleigh Chopper, Commando and Mk 1 Tomahawk waiting to be done.

I moved last year and now have a whole house to do up :roll:
I keep telling the wife i`ll start soon :?
Loving the PK Ripper ;)
Cheers Paul.

that's cool as
clyde said:

img-20120116-00152-2.jpg

68_early_bay said:
I'm a sucker for old bits and bobs lol :lol: got my six year old a raleigh budgie to play on, also a 50's/60's tri-ang "thunder" pedal car which I've blasted, primed and just waiting to be sprayed then I can put it back together, but I've just dug out my old Tilley lamp for when I was a kid polished it up and it's ready for the new season :D

march_2026.jpg

Before

march_2040.jpg

After

Best thing is no flat batteries :lol:

I think my Dad was in the tilley lamp association club, i remember many holiday as a child where my Dad would be tinkering with a tilley lamp and filling it up with paraffin then light his pipe with his zippy and setting his hands on fire and running out the static caravan, before an evening of night fishing off the beach :lol: I think there are still 3 or 4 in his spare room

I've got a 1986 BMW 5 series that I've gotta rebuild the engine for. Going into storage for a couple of years so I can get the bus finished then I shall start on it :-D

CIMG7645.jpg

CIMG7793.jpg

CIMG1733.jpg

CIMG9177.jpg

Some day it will be finished... body is now off the chassis again for me to paint it. Taken 4 years so far.

Also I'm busy keeping my Rover 3500 on the road...

CIMG9788.jpg

dodge6x6 said:
just wondered what everyone else was playing with when not working on there bus

cheers Peter

Hi Peter

Still trying to finish the bloody bus let alone take on other projects :lol: :lol:

PS where you driving around Knowle the other week on a Sunday afternoon?

Hi Graham

yes prob on way to warwick from Solihull, my partner likes a pret capachino, and she bought a Ipad 3 the other week from solihull,

progress on bike

2012-04-02171332.jpg

hope to get it finnished for weekend
cheers Pete

Won this on ebay for £23 but was far to good to do it how i wanted. was after one to build a low rider us style bike, ape hangers, cissy bar, banana seat etc. Bike is immaculate with working lights from a dynamo in the front wheel, all original.

RIMG0025.jpg

Got my eldest son this just needs tidying

RIMG0027.jpg

My lammy i bought for £360 about 6 years ago 1963 Li125

RIMG0162.jpg

Now looks like this as i bought my first bus not long after and all my time dissappeared :lol:

RIMG0486.jpg

Also in the background my xmas 83 Raliegh Night Burner which is mid resto. Also got a Aero reflex frame and forks.

And last but not least my Tamiya metal kits an original 79 sandscorcher and Toyota Bruiser as my 'stuck in the house' project. Pic is from the Tamiya Catalogue.

SandScorcherCatologuePic.jpg

BruiserCatologuePic.jpg

Shame work gets in the way :?

well where do we start honda 1974 ss50 4 speed model, land rover 90 1985 (daily drive), sons 1971 1302s beetle (but dad does 90% of all the graft) daughters 1991 mini 1000 and yes i do all the work on that. then when i have a bit more time i also have a raleigh chopper mk1 i'm doing, a mk2 chopper thats just finished, a raleigh grifter mk1 and a mk2. as you can tell i dont watch tv and only use the pc when i'm at work :lol:. i must admit when i got down these i quite fancy a 2cv . come on guys no laughing i think they are well tidy for laugh.

Nugsy said:
Won this on ebay for £23 but was far to good to do it how i wanted. was after one to build a low rider us style bike, ape hangers, cissy bar, banana seat etc. Bike is immaculate with working lights from a dynamo in the front wheel, all original.

That's a lovely Twenty, Nugsy. :D I used to ride a Twenty Shopper to my first job, back in the 80s. My sister bought it new, c1971. I'm glad you're not altering it. They were (still are) popular bikes. 8)

clyde said:

Mmmm I'd love one of these!

As for my other projects....
photo.jpg

2012-01-08_14-52-53_694.jpg

The cube is nearly ready for paint, most of the work I've done so far is hidden in that picture as it had a rear end impact.
Herald is waiting for tyres, exhaust, carb and heater matrix. Once we've run it for another year or two we'll have the shed up, the garage will be cleared out and sorted out with proper flooring and then the herald will come apart for resto.

just finishing the rear air ride for this, and the sound system and im done.

bolt on rear frame for firestone bags
bolton.jpg

Sub shelf with space for two amps and a power cap. still to be painted
speaker-shelf04.jpg

2.5 gallon tank
tankfront.jpg

this is at full lift on the front
webarch90psi-2.jpg

web100PSIsideon.jpg

I have still to fit the through bars so i should be able to lay it on the ground.
web10PSIsideon.jpg

i have to say that RHD samba is going to be one enviable ride, i could only dream.

Latest posts