1967 Neptune Blue Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
mike202 said:
Check out that rat shit ! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can send you a couple of bags if you want, there's plenty to go round.

I’m sure, but I’ll pass on that.

Your doing a great job bringing another one back to life [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, that worked.

And the nearside came off even quicker.

Lots of Colorado sand/soil to go with the rat shit.

"New" euro dash sourced from Belgium placed in situ. Very pleased with that purchase, just need to find a matching engine lid now.

Like the use of the spacer as it it makes it so much easier and agree, dash looks brill

Another small job accomplished today.
The sliding door has never actually slid or shut fully, so 20 minutes work replacing the guide block and easing the roller was successful.

Used some trf to remove a couple of WD40 drips from the panel below the sliding door rail. Can't wait to get the mop and polish going.

Managed to spend most of today at the lockup.
First job, remove remainder of trim panels and clean all the panels and cant rails of the last of the rat shit.
Fuck knows why this was done, especially with a tin opener.

And onto the roof. I called into a sports shop for a football on the way this morning, and the look on the assistant's face when I replied to his question of what football did I want was classic.
"Don't care mate, it's to push some dents out of a roof"

After a few hours work

Got this far, which is the limit of my skillset, need to get some advice from a professional on how to proceed now.

Really pleased with today's efforts, would be nice to get it slightly straighter if I can though.

Wow.. great result with the roof! you must be well chuffed :D

Sliding door, secret stash hole? :msn4:

L

Roof looks great, for some reason all roofs seem to have some dents in. Mine has a few but not noticeable unless you're 6'6".

You can get a bodyshop to remove small dents with metal rods that they manipulate down small gaps if necessary. Not sure what the technique is called but it looks like it works. You can buy the tools yourself if you fancy learning a new skill.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

fallingoffalot said:
Roof looks great, for some reason all roofs seem to have some dents in. Mine has a few but not noticeable unless you're 6'6".

You can get a bodyshop to remove small dents with metal rods that they manipulate down small gaps if necessary. Not sure what the technique is called but it looks like it works. You can buy the tools yourself if you fancy learning a new skill.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

As the bus is going to be low and the roof visible I wanted to reduce the large dents and creases.
I have some of the dent rods, but they're not any use with the roof.

Latest posts