1967 Neptune Blue Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely day at the lockup today.
Almost empty shelf.

Because the dash, etc is going in. Time for a wash first though.

Along with the grille.

Flaps fitted.

Dash jigsaw getting there. Depending on the year, dash tops, padded strip and plastic ducting are all different. They look similar, but don't fit right.

The plan was to strip and rebuild the rear quarter lights, but having left the rivets at home I decided to faff about cleaning the sliding door, hinge and lock mech.
Seem to have lost the pics of that, but the sliding door is now leaning against a wall because I need a new spring and buffer for the latch retainer.
I did strip the old seal and clean up the sliding door tracks and C pillar though.
It was hard work removing the fossilised rubber.

Next job

Sliding door retainer spring and buffer fitted, door seal installed and sliding door back on the bus.

dm me for details

Arches cleaned, etch primed and seam sealed.

And a light top coat.
Paint doesn't go far though, one aerosol does one arch, it's an expensive way to paint.

N/S arch painted

O/S tub primed and painted. Paint's expensive so only sprayed the edges as sound deadening is going on the tops.

Fuel tank cleaned inside and out, and drying in the sun.

Rear vent window uprights rust removed, masked, primed and painted.

Pedals blasted, primed and painted.

No pics, but steering box filled with oil and fitted and clutch/brake pedal mechs fitted under cab floor.
Next job is to temporarily fit the steering column and wheel so I can drill the driver's seat mounts. Then paint the N/S tub and cab floor.

Another few hours work.
Rear vent windows reassembled and rubbers fitted. Still need a knob for the sliding door window though.

Seat tubs sound deadened.

Clutch pedal lever issue sorted with a bit of heat and a bar. I'll fit that after a coat of paint.

Fuel tank AN-6 outlet and sock fitted.

So, I went to fit the tank sender the other day but couldn't find the gasket.
I've found the gasket, but have misplaced the sending unit. 🤦‍♂️

On with another job.
Master cylinder, Butty's throttle linkage, clutch pedal mech,

pedal stops, sound deadening, washer tank,

steering coupler, eenie, meenie, minie, mo....

steering column,

gearbox bracket,

and the shift rod with new bushes all lubed.

Found the sending unit.

Just you wait you two! I spend most of my garage time wandering around trying to find my reading glasses then I wander around some more trying to remember why I wanted them and what I was gonna do, by the time I remember, I’ve put them down again :rolleyes:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, there’s at least three pairs in the garage.:)

Eeenie Meeeanie Miney Mo,

Id do a little continuity test on them before I decided bud, there’s been quite a few shorting out through the sleeves in em touching the mesh reinforcement.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,but you might’ve already done that :)

Ok thanks I did check PP details and where correct it's just that I made payment 25th May seams a while ago but depends on when you posted out ??

Got any stickers left please Sparky? Think my son's postal service has gone astray.
If so I will take another 2 please. When I pay I will give you a different address.

J & P
:D:D:D

Horn ground wiring done

Handbrake lower lever and pin installed with copious amounts of anti-seize

NOS sender unit fitted, fuel tank in and filler and breather connected. That took a couple of attempts as the filler pipe was too far onto the filler neck at first.

Latest posts