1969 Portugese Panel Van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wibbler said:
Nice to see the old girl getting the attention she deserves Gra :D

You doing any panel work or paint or you leavin the body as it is?

Looking forward to more pics, good luck mate. 8)

Leaving paint as it is , except where it needs it wil be needing new battery tray possible rear corner , some new cargo area floor , cab floor , inner and outer sills :roll:
Ill try to keep it as close to OG as possible

Whats wrong with my pix Si ???? :?

Grazy said:
.... not setting a date for when it will be finished , Its done when it done :)

Best way to look at it IMHO ;)

Nothing done over the last 2 days though - come on, pull ya finger out :D

Glad that you've started on the PV Grazy - are you going to do the right thing and put some windows in while you're at it?? :lol: Panels are sooooo 2009!!!

Great news on the engagement too - she's a great girl!

;)

Well about bloody time.. :mrgreen:

This will be one trick bus by 2011............. :shock:

At least you have the right people around you to give you the push needed, but make sure you get the work done before any wedding plans are made because the bus will be coming second to them, DOH!

So went up the workshop this week and it was time to remove some of the 40 year old underseal :roll:

Here is what I started with
100_1879.jpg

After 3.5 hours of scraping and swearing me doing the left rear arch and my brother (Ooro ) on the R/H/S one we were left with this
100_1880.jpg

100_1883.jpg

100_1882.jpg

100_1884.jpg

And this , Pile of underseal :shock:
100_1885.jpg

More this weekend 8)

PARTY RINGS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

its good fun taking underseal off, one of my favorite jobs! looking good fella
maybe one day il be as good as you :shock: :lol: ;)

panels rule !!!!!!!!!!a good tool if you have lots of air (big compressor ;) )is one of those rotary wire brush under seal strippers.this is a proper dedecated tool.snap on do them,got one but the lousy compressor got now wont run it :x

67panel said:
panels rule !!!!!!!!!!a good tool if you have lots of air (big compressor ;) )is one of those rotary wire brush under seal strippers.this is a proper dedecated tool.snap on do them,got one but the lousy compressor got now wont run it :x

Grinder with a wire wheel would do it too right? :msn4:

I had my bus chassis shot-blasted - I started taking some of it off manually and it was uber slow.. :?

Bit of progress in the past couple of weeks , We got some more underseal off , this time on the front arches :roll:
100_1895.jpg

100_1896.jpg

100_1898.jpg

Nasty Poop Rivet repair :shock:
100_1897.jpg

100_1899.jpg

Check this out !!
100_1912.jpg

100_1913.jpg

100_1914.jpg

100_1916.jpg

100_1917.jpg

100_1915.jpg

These things really are worth their weight in gold , I cannot imagine trying to do this resto without it .
Thanks to Hogseye for the use of the jig , and also to him and Panalvan for helping me erect it :shock:

So with the van on the jig , Ooro started scraping off underseal off , Half hour later I got to the barn and got stuck in too !!
100_1938.jpg

100_1939.jpg

Nasty hole in R/H/S sill :(
100_1940.jpg

Cleaned up belly pan and cab floor
100_1941.jpg

Removed belly pan - Nice and clean under there
100_1942.jpg

100_1944.jpg

This is the state of play at the end of today . Thanks to Steve , Chris and Nick for continued support and constant pi$$ taking

All good fun can't wait to get back in there .

looking good mate ,good to see all the lads giving you a hand.
how are you going to treat the underside ? :)

Hi Martyboy , i am currently torn between undersealing it in black , and the other option is stonechip and then painting it same colour as the van , Not sure though ;)

Well happy with the help i am getting :D

100_1915.jpg

These things really are worth their weight in gold , I cannot imagine trying to do this resto without it .
Thanks to Hogseye for the use of the jig , and also to him and Panalvan for helping me erect it :shock:

Wish I had a set of those and the space to use them :mrgreen:

Looking good G, make it all shiny and clean underneath....give the MOT man a shock! :mrgreen:

You best get it back on the road for the show season. I'm more of a jammy dodger man myself :roll:

Grazy

Looking good, hope you are still working to our target of Big Bang for the '69 Panel Van get together', what the hell am I saying mine isn't even in the country yet (but will be very very soon :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

i have a set of those and they are great but dont have the space or the man power to flip it it pretty tough to get it oer but once you get to the pivot it just flips.

Latest posts